Thread: EWR Daily Report 2008

Re: EWR Daily Report 2008

N757MA the Mid East Jet 757 is coming in this afternoon

Saudi Arabian 747SP is enroute

Saudi Arabian 747SP is enroute

Saudi 747SP was back again as was McCains 737, after he waited out a 90 min ground stop in PHL of course.

One of the regular Qatar A330-200 visitors to EWR, A7-ACA, is now painted in new colors and was spotted by Mat Sokol at the airport over the weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Iberia A340-600
    One of the regular Qatar A330-200 visitors to EWR, A7-ACA, is now painted in new colors and was spotted by Mat Sokol at the airport over the weekend.
    yea its been in and out a few times lately, they rotate between 3 different aircraft I believe

Looks like N777AS?, Mid East Jet 777 sitting over by the UA hangar. Sorry, meant to post this earlier.

AJ
    Pull back and the houses get smaller!

Quote Originally Posted by AJ
    Looks like N777AS?, Mid East Jet 777 sitting over by the UA hangar. Sorry, meant to post this earlier.

AJ
    some-special-weekend-visitors-to-nyc-11-7-11-9-t14049.html

Should of figured you didn't miss that one Bill, great shots.

AJ
    Pull back and the houses get smaller!

So why are all the Arabs here all of a sudden?

Are we going to become the United States of Arabia now???

Seriously--no joke intended--why such a convergence of Middle East leaders now?
    It's the fares, stupid

Quote Originally Posted by Art at ISP
    So why are all the Arabs here all of a sudden?

Are we going to become the United States of Arabia now???

Seriously--no joke intended--why such a convergence of Middle East leaders now?
    I got curious, too, and did some research...apparently the Saudis are sponsoring a meeting of world leaders at the UN starting tomorrow about religious tolerance (LOL!), where King Abdullah is set to give a speech. It seems President Bush will be sticking around for the meeting, along with the leaders of Israel, Jordan, Bahrain, Lebanon, Kuwait, the Philippines and Finland.
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

Looks like a Saudi Gulfstream is inbound...

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/SVA7 ... /CYQX/KEWR
    ATP MEL, Commercial Pilot ASEL & ASES, CFII
    Instrument Airplane
    CL-65
    , ATR-42, ATR-72, LR-JET, LR-60
    AGI & IGI
    http://www.airliners.net/search/photo.s ... entry=true

Donald Trumps 727 came into EWR around 2-2:30, it parked over by the former UAL hangar. A signature aviation van picked someone up from a helicopter that landed at the same time as the Trump 727 and dropped them off at the 727.

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/VPBDJ

Also of note today, the CO Connection Q-400s were getting good use out of runway 11. Steady stream of Q-400s landing on runway 11 while I was there.

Quote Originally Posted by STT757
    Donald Trumps 727 came into EWR around 2-2:30, it parked over by the former UAL hangar. A signature aviation van picked someone up from a helicopter that landed at the same time as the Trump 727 and dropped them off at the 727.

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/VPBDJ

Also of note today, the CO Connection Q-400s were getting good use out of runway 11. Steady stream of Q-400s landing on runway 11 while I was there.

I saw Trump depart LGA for EWR and the original planned times showed being in EWR for only about 20 mins but ended up being a couple of hours, since someone from the helo met the flight I wonder what happened? BTW metar was showing light snow during that time, was it really snowing? or just flurries?

Every time I have been at EWR since the Q400 invaison I always see them mixed in with the larger aircraft on the 4's or 22's. I was always surprised they where not using 11-29, njgtr82 any reason?

Cheers

LGA777

Quote Originally Posted by "LGA777
    Every time I have been at EWR since the Q400 invaison I always see them mixed in with the larger aircraft on the 4's of 22's. I was always surprised they where not using 11-29, njgtr82 any reason?

Cheers

LGA777
    Hi Ron, well with runway 11 ops its based upon the arrival fix as to who uses that runway. When we're on the 4's, we'll take 757's and smaller if we have the winds to land runway 4R and hold short of 11. Usually its arrivals from the north and west that are canidates. On the 22 flow its 737s and smaller for the most part and are arrivals from the south and southwest. the only time we'll take the props only to 11 is if the tail wind is in excess of 10 knots because they can take a stronger tailwind then the jets. Also these Q400's perform very well IMO and have no problem performing as well as these jets in the terminal enviroment. The smaller DH-8/B's though that recently started here are horrible. I give more room behind one of them departing then I do a heavy jet and they're slow on final as well. So I do prefer them to 11 though. As far as 29 goes, we'll use that to circle from 22L when the winds dictate and havn't used the overhead 29 when on the 4's too much lately. It's been the ILS 4R and Visual to 4L instead. Also with the dispersal headings on the 22's the tracon doesn't let us depart 29 with them and on the 4's 29 departures do not work because of the TEB ILS 6 approach. I hope this helps.

Also today a Fedex 757 finally came in, and the Saudi's are still busy. VP-BKS is back along with an airline 777 last night. N777AS is still here for over 2 weeks now.

Bill