Thread: Hell Up In Harlem

Hell Up In Harlem

If you'd like to see how us OG's connected from terminal to terminal at JFK before the advent of the free bus and JFK train rent "Hell Up In Harlem" (1973), starring Fred Williamson. He made it from the old TWA building to AA via the IAB and bought a first class ticket to LA in five minutes in real time. Then there's the LAX scene, all pre-TSA. Not to many airlines or airplanes but funny as hell. So bad a blaxpoitation movie that it's good.
    Spotters have been Homeland Security before HS was a glimmer in the president's eye.

Re: Hell Up In Harlem

I know that scene...good movie!!
    "I can't wait until tomorrow, cause I get better looking everyday"
    --Joe Namath

if you are a fan of new York Airways,and the old Pan Am building heliport,rent Coogans Bluff,starring Clint Eastwood, last scenes of the movie show those cool,cool red,white ,and blue,BoeingVertol 107's operating over Manhattan circa '68.
    The beehive hummm of the JT9D and GE CF680C2,the thunder of the JT8D-17,the rumble of the PW1830 and the high ,thin whine of the PW 545A are all music to my ears!

if you are a fan of new York Airways,and the old Pan Am building heliport,rent Coogans Bluff,starring Clint Eastwood, last scenes of the movie show those cool,cool red,white ,and blue,BoeingVertol 107's operating over Manhattan circa '68.
    There were two scenes with that ship. At the end, like you wrote, but also in the beginning when he arrived in
    Manhattan. I had recently watched this movie and had no idea those scenes were there. Very cool.
    Nice piece of aviation history.
    AND...for those of you with digital cable Encore Mystery is showing it 3AM this coming Sunday (2/17) and from the
    original topic Encore Action is showing "Hell Up In Harlem" at 12 Midnite Tuesday 2/18.
    Crazy starting times but just another reason to invest in a DVR.

If you watch the "Confetti Check: A O.K." episode of UFO you'll see about 20-25 seconds total of medium-wide stock footage shots of Heathrow from the Queens Building showing a fleet of BEA Vanguards, BUA 1-11's and a lone BOAC Super VC-10 coming in for a landing. Cut to a Pan Am 707 taking off to JFK and a PA DC-8 pulling into IAB. It looks pretty cool because it's all in HD.
    Spotters have been Homeland Security before HS was a glimmer in the president's eye.