Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Looks like EOS has big plans

Re: Looks like EOS has big plans

What about doing a new brand such as EOSlite, you could paint it on the plane or not, that way it would differentiate the service, plus it sounds pretty sweet... EOSlite
    nwa FOREVER!

While I believe Eos has a bright future, and will be around indefinalty this reminds me of the final days of MGM Grand Air. They had the 727-100's and DC-8-62's operating with a similar (for the time) product that Eos has both for scheduled and charter service then they surprised many and aquired and operated and all coach 757 for a very different type charter product than what one would experiance on the 727 or DC-8.

And re N406JS I can't imagine it would be easy, fast or cheap to convert it back in forth from all coach to the 48 suite luxury pod type config Eos has.

Regards

LGA777

As far as I was told when I visited Eos in Purchase some time ago, their premium seats are self contained (i.e. there is no built in IFE system etc. ) so they can be installed in or removed from any 757 as easily as basic economy seats. I have no idea if they have 48 spares sitting around someplace but I imagine if the all-economy craft was needed for premium services, it wouldn't be too hard to convert. What I wonder is, why isn't it needed for premium services, because they should be more profitable than economy charters to POS or GEO unless coach fares to those places are a lot higher than I imagine them to be!

Quote Originally Posted by Nonstop2AUH
    As far as I was told when I visited Eos in Purchase some time ago, their premium seats are self contained (i.e. there is no built in IFE system etc. ) so they can be installed in or removed from any 757 as easily as basic economy seats. I have no idea if they have 48 spares sitting around someplace but I imagine if the all-economy craft was needed for premium services, it wouldn't be too hard to convert. What I wonder is, why isn't it needed for premium services, because they should be more profitable than economy charters to POS or GEO unless coach fares to those places are a lot higher than I imagine them to be!
    I won't disclose the amount of money EOS makes off these charters but the amount they make is more then enough to be able to pull an aircraft out of service and operate the charters.

Eos has I believe 2 planes for charters, one being N406 but I cannot confirm if there is a 2nd. I need to find that out and will get back when I find out.

Alex
    www.southwest.com Bags Fly Free. Anytime, Anywhere on Southwest Airlines. Share the LUV!