Thread: ah to the 727 i bid adieu....

ah to the 727 i bid adieu....

flying my last trips in the 3 holer ,laying over in PHL right now,accepted a position with the major fractional operator,start 2/11, God's grace,just getting out ahead of the mass retirement of our blue tailed beauties. It has been a marvelous ride, I have no complaints, it was tremendous,awesome fun ! Cheers !
    The beehive hummm of the JT9D and GE CF680C2,the thunder of the JT8D-17,the rumble of the PW1830 and the high ,thin whine of the PW 545A are all music to my ears!

Re: ah to the 727 i bid adieu....

Sorry to hear you won't be flying the 727's anymore, hope your new job treats you just as good.
    nwa FOREVER!

I am sorry you are loosing your lawn dart! They do not make them like that anymore!
    The three most common expressions in aviation are, "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" and "Oh Crap".

Its all good, I felt the same way when I left the DC-3,and the Convair 340, onwards and upwards to new cockpits, new adventures,new amigos ! The 727 is special, it as much a work of art, a living sculpture, as it is a product of engineering,a total joy to fly, it has been a grand 8 years !
    The beehive hummm of the JT9D and GE CF680C2,the thunder of the JT8D-17,the rumble of the PW1830 and the high ,thin whine of the PW 545A are all music to my ears!

Pop the circuit for the slats....2 notch of flaps... get to your destination faster...then do a barrel roll over the runway at 200 feet in celebration of flying the aircraft that had more innovations than any other.....including the 747!
    The three most common expressions in aviation are, "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" and "Oh Crap".

didn't somebody try that over detroit ?

Man, I'd consider myself lucky beyond belief to be able to fly such marvelous airplanes. Sorry to hear your ride is coming to an end! You work(ed) for Boston-Maine Airways then?

traffic two o'clock two miles southbound flight of four C-130s

Quote Originally Posted by 727C47
    Its all good, I felt the same way when I left the DC-3,and the Convair 340, onwards and upwards to new cockpits, new adventures,new amigos ! The 727 is special, it as much a work of art, a living sculpture, as it is a product of engineering,a total joy to fly, it has been a grand 8 years !
    it must be nice, to be taking the trip pilots decades ago took as they moved on to bigger and faster machines. history relived live, man i'm so jealous right now....
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.

didn't somebody try that over detroit ?
    they tried to do a loop....Unintentional
    more here

http://fromtheflightdeck.com/Reviews/727/TWA727/

Quote Originally Posted by flyboy 28
    Man, I'd consider myself lucky beyond belief to be able to fly such marvelous airplanes. Sorry to hear your ride is coming to an end! You work(ed) for Boston-Maine Airways then?
    Champion Air, great people,great jets.

Congrats to you, good luck flying with the big QS! (At least I think that's who you meant.)

grazie,si !

Quote Originally Posted by flyboy 28
    Champion Air, great people,great jets.
    Wow, I really feel bad that you have to leave them. Most pilots would not say such nice thing about their company. I wish you the best in you new adventure! Congrats