Thread: Someone's pissed at the FAA

Someone's pissed at the FAA

Check out the pic with this article! Philly.com: Fed up with jet noise, couple raise the roof
    Phil Gengler - NYCA's "other Phil"

Re: Someone's pissed at the FAA

Ahh, NIMBY's!

So, they have been there 10 years, how many years has PHL been there? Since 1925... That is 83 years, or 73 years earlier than these guys.

Yet, watch, they will continue to fly out of PHL... I hate NIMBY'S!
    nwa FOREVER!

Quote Originally Posted by nwafan20
    Ahh, NIMBY's!

So, they have been there 10 years, how many years has PHL been there? Since 1925... That is 83 years, or 73 years earlier than these guys.

Yet, watch, they will continue to fly out of PHL... I hate NIMBY'S!
    Read the article:

Since the FAA's new departure headings out of Philadelphia International Airport went into effect last month as part of a massive restructuring of the airspace over the congested corridor from New York through Philadelphia, Hall said the noise level at his home on Fairmount Avenue near Ladomus Circle has been unbearable.
    and

Airport spokeswoman Phyllis Van Istendal said that noise complaints have increased significantly since the new departure headings went into effect but that it's too early to tell if there's a correlation.
    Yeah, I'm sure the increase in noise complaints are completely unrelated to the departure changes!

I read the article (hence how I knew they were there for 10 years)

But the thing is, when you live anywhere near an airport, you run the risk of airport noise, the airport was there much before they were!
    nwa FOREVER!

I wish the people that do not like the noise of the airport would move so the aviation geeks that do can move closer to airport!!

Hi guys, I am new to this great site. I Live near PHL. FAA just put in several new departure routes in order to alow takeoffs to occur more frequently, thus improving ontime preformance. Planes used to bank left after takeoff and follow the Delaware River, until they reached (I belive) 3000 ft.
    Now they are turning over the occupied areas at a much lower altitude. By the way, I Love it. John.

I wish the people that do not like the noise of the airport would move so the aviation geeks that do can move closer to airport!!
    I second that wish.
    In loving memory of Casey Edward Falconer
    May 16, 1992-May 9, 2012

Within earshot of MD-80s who don't "Over fly Prospect Park to the extent practical"

Quote Originally Posted by ngreed
    I hear Springfield Gardens is nice at this time of year...

As much as I love looking at planes, I'd have to say living near the beginning of a departure path would probably get annoying real quick.
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

I have alway enjoyed living as close to the arrival and departure patterns as I do. The only time I do not get traffic low over my house is when JFK is on the 4's. No place else I would be.
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

Oh man the Loud High Pitch sound of the DC-9'S AND MD-80'S rumbling down a runway and taking off are sweet sounds. Just Google Waters and Anderson Av's in Tampa Fl and you will know what I mean. I live right near that intersction and compare how close Tampa Int. is to my house. The airport is SLIGHTLY to the south of me.