Thread: Tom Brady May Not Play

Tom Brady May Not Play

A few sources on TV as well as TMZ are reporting that Brady has a leg or foot injury of some sort. If that is the case I think that there may be rings on the Ginats fingers! Has anyone else heard about this?
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

Re: Tom Brady May Not Play

From the Boston Herald
    http://www.bostonherald.com/news/region ... id=1068152

The Patriots’ hopes for a fourth Super Bowl title in seven years and an unprecedented 19-0 season certainly hit a major speed bump yesterday, as Tom Brady was spotted wearing what appears to be a walking cast on his right foot.

Two weeks before a date with the New York Giants in Super Bowl XLII isn’t the best time for the quarterback who runs the league’s most prolific offense, not to mention the player the Patriots can least afford to lose, to turn up with an injury problem. A video taken of Brady in New York yesterday, which is available on TMZ.com, shows the NFL’s MVP returning to girlfriend Gisele Bundchen’s apartment. He’s dressed in dark glasses and a black hoodie with a coat over it, walking gingerly on the sidewalk after emerging from a black SUV parked on the street. The walking cast clearly is visible below the denim jeans he is wearing. He has a white sneaker on his other foot. The video has him carrying a bouquet of flowers, slowly moving up the steps to Bundchen’s West Village apartment.

During his weekly appearance on WEEI’s “Dennis and Callahan” show, Brady didn’t dismiss the notion he had suffered some type of leg injury during Sunday’s AFC Championship win over the San Diego Chargers. Brady was asked to respond to reports of an observer noticing that he was a little gimpy at one point during the game, and was examined by a doctor. He paused a bit before answering. “Ah, you know, there’s always bumps and bruises. I’ll be ready for the Super Bowl,” Brady said, when asked point-blank if he had a leg injury. “I’m not worried about that. I’m not missing this one. I’d have to be on a stretcher to miss this one. There will be treatment this week. In games like this, you get a little nicked up. It’s nothing serious.”

Within earshot of MD-80s who don't "Over fly Prospect Park to the extent practical"

He's got two weeks to recover. He could have had minor surgery today and been fine for the Super Bowl. If he can walk, he'll play :)

IFP, ISP, JFK, IGM, SAN, VCV, LGA, LAX, SEE, LAS

Also heard something is up betweeen Moss and his teammates. He didn't have the best game against SD and he needs to be involved for the NE offense to be effective as we have seen Big Blue's safetys and corners have been stepping up. This is getting interesting.
    'My idea of a good picture is one that's in focus and of a famous person doing something unfamous.' Andy Warhol

Within earshot of MD-80s who don't "Over fly Prospect Park to the extent practical"

Quote Originally Posted by NIKV69
    Also heard something is up betweeen Moss and his teammates. He didn't have the best game against SD and he needs to be involved for the NE offense to be effective as we have seen Big Blue's safetys and corners have been stepping up. This is getting interesting.
    I haven't heard anything about this, but if there is a Moss mess, I don't have one bit of sympathy for the Pats. That's what you get when you sign a guy like that. I'm surprised he made it this far.

This is what's called grandstanding. The Pats want you to think they are hurt, or down & out to make you think you dont have to be at your best to win. Rest assured, Brady will play, Moss will play and the Pats will definitely show up. They have a chance to make history, do you really think that they are going to just roll over?

Having said that, I am still pulling for my Giants. I can only hope that they do not believe all the press and they play just as hard Feb 3rd as they have the last 4 games. If they do they definitely have a good chance of winning and pulling off the biggest upset in Super Bowl history.

Brady was filmed walking around Manhattan this afternoon wearing two cowboy boots, no sign of a cast.

LGA777

Quote Originally Posted by lijk604
    This is what's called grandstanding. The Pats want you to think they are hurt, or down & out to make you think you dont have to be at your best to win. Rest assured, Brady will play, Moss will play and the Pats will definitely show up. They have a chance to make history, do you really think that they are going to just roll over?

Having said that, I am still pulling for my Giants. I can only hope that they do not believe all the press and they play just as hard Feb 3rd as they have the last 4 games. If they do they definitely have a good chance of winning and pulling off the biggest upset in Super Bowl history.
    I agree. I think this whole thing is a massive ploy. C'mon...he's in the opposing team's city in a cast and plainly visible. It's just too obvious.