Thread: manipulated?

manipulated?

What do you guys think of this shot? Can anyone tell me what the problem is, cause some people are 100% sure it's manipulated.

original:

edited:

Thank you.
    Can the magic of flight ever be carried by words? I think not.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    We all know that UFOs are real. All we need to ask is where do they come from.

Re: manipulated?

Well I see the problem.... the airplane is not sharp (look at the titles) and the sky is crystal clear....clearly a photoshop! :borat:
    The three most common expressions in aviation are, "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" and "Oh Crap".

Andrew why don't you post the FIN shot that was removed from the JP.net Database last night vs THIS shot which WAS NEVER in question? You either have no idea how to edit or your blatantly manipulating your shots either way you're continued poor editing is considered manipulation and the actions taken on JP.net stand and were agreed to by other screener's and the Admins. You were given a very easy work flow to follow and worked with but you seem to either not understand what your doing and never asked or just won't help yourself.

I'm also not entirely sure why you would raise this question here on NYCA and not the forums on JP.net? Is it because the other screener's on JP.net who have given you warnings in the past might chime in? But here's some pictures we can use as an examples. Dude you dug your own grave and now you can deal with it. I helped you in the past, we have forums on JP.net that help photogs all the time. You chose the opposite, that's the fact.

Not to mention the top antenna

All these shots are edited to the point that they are considered manipulated and against the rules we have laid out. You were given warnings by other screeners in the past including myself. You were shown how to edit shots properly but decided to do your own thing. Sorry kid this time the facts are in and the decision is final.

I can see better now 8)
    OUCH....if you have to mask....it is out! :oops:
    The three most common expressions in aviation are, "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" and "Oh Crap".

Quote Originally Posted by T-Bird76
    Andrew why don't you post the FIN shot that was removed from the JP.net Database last night vs THIS shot which WAS NEVER in question? You either have no idea how to edit or your blatantly manipulating your shots either way you're continued poor editing is considered manipulation and the actions taken on JP.net stand and were agreed to by other screener's and the Admins. You were given a very easy work flow to follow and worked with but you seem to either not understand what your doing and never asked or just won't help yourself.

I'm also not entirely sure why you would raise this question here on NYCA and not the forums on JP.net? Is it because the other screener's on JP.net who have given you warnings in the past might chime in? But here's some pictures we can use as an examples. Dude you dug your own grave and now you can deal with it. I helped you in the past, we have forums on JP.net that help photogs all the time. You chose the opposite, that's the fact.

Not to mention the top antenna

All these shots are edited to the point that they are considered manipulated and against the rules we have laid out. You were given warnings by other screeners in the past including myself. You were shown how to edit shots properly but decided to do your own thing. Sorry kid this time the facts are in and the decision is final.

Listen, my shots are not manipulated and never were. I've used too much Dust and Scratches on this last shots because I had some dust spots ( and I had notified the admin about this photos so they should be removed from the database soon). But hey, who's fault it is that they got accepted? this shows how unprofessional some of your guys are. The EOS was rejected for being undersharpened and than accepted without no problems. I didn't spot those dark and white lines before because I was editing those shots in a hurry. Yes I was shown how to edit, but all of your editing techniques didn't work because every shot you edited for me got rejected. There's no reason to call me a lier. Try applying too much Dust and Scratches and you'll get the same result I can even send you my original shots and tell you how much DaS i applied to my photos ( I asked in the a-mail more than twice about this, but you keep on backing up). Next time check carefully before accepting them into the database and first notify the photographer if you think it's manipulated, maybe he'll tell you the way he edited and you'll come up with different conclusions. And plus, why would I waste my time manipulating if all of my pictures have perfect light and angle? Maybe you can tell me?

PS: I raised this question here just to show how unprofessional JP is
    Can the magic of flight ever be carried by words? I think not.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    We all know that UFOs are real. All we need to ask is where do they come from.

Andrew yes I agree that these shots should have never been accepted and the screeners messed up, however some degree of prescreening from the photog should be done. Why now are you asking for these photos to be removed if you knew the errors were there before? That seem odd to me. As far as my editing techniques...1023 pictures speak for my work flow.

If you read the upload guidelines it will tell you that what was done to these shots is considered manipulation. I don't think you understand that though. If you think JP.net is unprofessional that is fine, we are all entitled to our opinions. The site is made up of all volunteers who dedicate their time and things do slip through, heck we just had a Steerman accepted and it listed the plane as a 767. Mistakes happen, not only on JP.net but the other sites as well. However we do have avenues of assistance which you decided not to accept. Remember there are other photo upload sites you can host your pictures on like A.net, Planepictures, etc...I'm sure they will be happy to host your pictures.

This thread, though it obviously has serious potential for an argument, was left alone at first because I gave you the benefit of the doubt that you were trying to get some photo editing advice or to look for problems in your photos.

But, as you say, your intention was to point out JP's lack of professionalism. Anti-JP and Anti-Anet sentiment is not allowed here, and I ask you to not use NYCAviation for that.

With that, I am locking this thread.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].