Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Who’s the right candidate for you?

Re: Who’s the right candidate for you?

I think that "liberal" back during Truman didn't quite mean the same thing it does today. Not necessarily pertaining to you, Chris, since I don't know your views, but I know a lot of anti-war people that happen to like Truman. Keep in mind that the Truman Doctrine is how we justified Korea and Vietnam and was the start of the Cold War.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

A word to the wise...keep it under your hat...no one is to know...

Chris, my gut feeling is that the candidates the Democratic party is turning out are more concerned with stifling our military and law enforcement officers and being "politically correct" rather than really addressing the security issues at hand, which given the current circumstances can and will be a fatal mistake. Yes, I'm very conservative, but I'd like to think I'm not too closed minded to consider the other side's point of view. But as I said before, I truly believe in my heart of hearts that no Democratic candidate has what it takes to be POTUS at this time.
    R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    #DeleteThePickleSmoocher
    LETS GO CAPS!
    [URL]http://www.sopicturethis.net[/URL]

Within earshot of MD-80s who don't "Over fly Prospect Park to the extent practical"

When I see polls like this, I always have a good time wondering why I don't match with any candidates. Who the hell is a pro-military liberal supposed to vote for!

(Like Chris, I miss the days when Wesley Clark had his hat in the ring...)

I don't think being liberal or conservative necessarily makes you more or less suited to be a wartime president, if you have a solid plan and execute it correctly. The problem is, everyone is still treating the War on Terror like it was possible to win by military force. You can't fight extremists with missles...killing them only makes them stronger. You can only fight with propaganda; by turning their followers against them. Show me a candidate who understands how to do that, and he or she has my vote.

(Until then, I'll probably vote for Obama, because I like his views on government transparency.)

I am closest to Hillary, but I am leaning towards voting for Obama in the primary. I also like Obama's views on government transparency and accountability but more importantly I like his Internationalist point of view as I feel the US needs to move closer to Europe in many respects. I seriously feel that the silly jingoistic attitude by people on the right in this country is one of the main reasons the US is so well hated abroad these days and it needs to be suppressed. Huckabee and Thompson and their folksy followers seem to be the poster children for that. I dont know what Romney represents, McCain is past his prime and Giuliani screwed up his chance. Giuliani was the only Republican I would have voted for and it would have been nice to see an Italian President to go with an Italian House Speaker (despite being from different parties)