Thread: BA compared to AA TransAtlantic service.

Me like the Robert Downey Jr of cooooooookies!

BA compared to AA TransAtlantic service.

I have not flown either of these in a while.

We are looking to fly soon either BA WT+ or AA Coach. What are the seats and amenities(meals) like on each? I know these have changed often since 2001.

Further, could you also provide a comparison of AA First and Business

Vs BA Club.

I look forward to the comparison and reviews.
    And I, I took the path less traveled by
    and that has made all the difference......yet...
    I have a feeling a handle of people are going to be very interested in what I post in the near future.

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=187

Re: BA compared to AA TransAtlantic service.

Hmm, I flew BA WT+ from JFK-LHR, and I've also flown WT, as well as Virgins Premium economy. I have to say, WT+ sure is worth the extra $. When I flew, I had about 38-39 inches of legroom, which I found was ample amount. I'm 5'10. I would def. pay the extra to fly with ease, than be cramped in cattle class. You also have this little area on the armrest to hold your glass, although I do remember they were still charging for a pre-departure champagne glass $4. Sucks. Meals I remember, we had 3 choices instead of 2, and they came around quite many times with drinks. Since it was Christmas eve, they did allow us access, to the 'bar' with open snacks set up for club world. We also had access to their bathrooms! Seat is also a tad bit wider, and you also have a footrest! I would def go for it. Although there isnt a separate check-in I believe. Virgin premium is really the way to go! I cant really tell much about AA because I never flew them transcontinental

Me like the Robert Downey Jr of cooooooookies!

Thanks for your rundown but I am a touch confused. The service you described was for BA, right? What was Virgin like?
    And I, I took the path less traveled by
    and that has made all the difference......yet...
    I have a feeling a handle of people are going to be very interested in what I post in the near future.

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=187

Yes this was for BA. Virgin I believe was to top them all! Virgin Premium Economy has their own check-in counters unlike BA, where you have to wait with all the other Economy passengers. Thus I cleared check-in in max 3-4 minutes! They don't offer you access to the Virgin Lounge, but since I had about 3.5 hrs to departure, I simply paid $30 I believe, and bought a day pass..the lounge is just great, unlimited snacks, beverages, and even a meal, which i opted out of. You also get special boarding rites, whereas BA, you board with the other economy passengers. Virgin serves pre-departure champagne which you don't have to pay for, i took my glass of diet coke ;) Try to get on an A340, as they have the nice new leather interiors. Leg room I believe is 39-40 inches as well, ample amount..no complain here lol. Hot towels were passed around 2x, we got a little more offered in our amenity kit than did Econ passengers, and meals had 3 options, and access to the bar they set up during the flight, fantastic entertainment channels, along with a port for your laptop. I mostly slept, and the funny thing is i rarely can get any sleep on a plane. These seats truly are comfortable. I say if your going transatlantic, ditch AA and BA, unless your a one world member and surely go for the Virgin experience!

Mario. Winderh and I flew BA WT+ JFK-LHR a few years ago. Same meal service as regular WT but seats where almost as good as old school J, kinda like an MD80 F seat plus footrest. What I really liked was the window + aisle are just two seats vs 3 in regular WT. Personally I would prefer to sit next to my wife side by side vs the config BA has in J, guess its the old school side of my personality. Due to knowing a few folks at BA where given access to the Terrace Lounge at JFK and had a full buffet dinner and champagne in the lounge so the coach type meal served onboard was plenty of food anyway. A positive experiance for sure.

Cheers

LGA777