Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: C130 @ IFP 1/11

IFP, ISP, JFK, IGM, SAN, VCV, LGA, LAX, SEE, LAS

C130 @ IFP 1/11

Well on my way home from Kingman last night I had to wash a little mud off my car at the self serve car wash. On the way back I had to drive past IFP in AZ to cross the bridge into NV and I hear something coming in that is not normal. I see 4 Blackhawks and knew right away what else was there. I high tail it to the airport and see the C130 that always seems to make an appearence when I am not around. Everyone was gone that I know there but I figured to get my butt out of bed first thing and get over there which I did. The one girl in the office had no idea and even thought it was leaving tomorrow (Which woud have been bad since Klos is in town) but then I find out it's talking off immediately and see the props start to turn! I got in position and she lifted off into a beautiful desert morning. That thing sounds awesome. Glad it was muddy at Kingman because if I drove straight to my place in NV I would have never known it was here and most likely not got up to spot. I need some regi help here so I hope Moose knows what is up with this old bird. My military buddy from anet who used to live here is in ANC and I think I remember him saying it was maybe Davis Air guard?

'My idea of a good picture is one that's in focus and of a famous person doing something unfamous.' Andy Warhol

Re: C130 @ IFP 1/11

Nice shot Nick :)

Senga

Beautiful shot Nick, lovely vortices!!!
    MD-11 heaven...place to be!

Good catch. That's a somewhat regular visitor there you say?
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

Lovin' the prop vorticies. :borat: Great shot, Nick.

Nice shot Nick
    Beautiful shot Nick, lovely vortices!!!
    Good catch
    Lovin' the prop vorticies. Great shot, Nick.

Thanks! Everything came together and thanks to the early morning departure the conditions were ideal.

That's a somewhat regular visitor there you say?
    I wish. It's come in a few times but it's elusive as hell. Glad it's under my belt, a must get out here. Now just need Sky King to get here early morning. That one is a bitch.
    'My idea of a good picture is one that's in focus and of a famous person doing something unfamous.' Andy Warhol

Is your bird from Prescott Aviation? I've got one at IAD in 2007 and it looks like yours, but you have military numbers.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Its basic economics, I don't understand it at all..." - Randy Marsh, South Park, CO

traffic two o'clock two miles southbound flight of four C-130s

rafal and nick, 41901 looks a lot like 3755P, and i wouldn't be surprised if it were the same bird. i tried looking up the serial number but the last 5 aren't enough, there are just too many vairables due to the age of that lockheed. i'll keep digging, as i think rafal just made a breakthrough!
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.

Nick, I've exhausted all of my "secret links" and cannot find anything on this bird.
    I'll keep looking, and if I find anything, I'll let you know.

Nick, I've exhausted all of my "secret links" and cannot find anything on this bird.
    Your not alone, I was at the airport and nobody knows who it was. I got one or two avenues to try yet but this is crazy.

I'm looking at a bunch of C-130 pics, and I think those two planes have got to be the same.

If you look at the three side-windows on the plane, the middle one that's on a door is slightly higher than the other two. I can't find ANY other photos of a C-130 that has a raised middle window. Other markings that match are also indicators.

The only real different is registration, titles and the nose.

According the the FAA Registry, N3755P is still valid, so I expect that's still in service somewhere.

Serial Number 5032 Type Registration Corporation
    Manufacturer Name LOCKHEED Certificate Issue Date 09/29/2006
    Model 382G Status Valid
    Type Aircraft Fixed Wing Multi-Engine Type Engine Turbo-Prop
    Pending Number Change None Dealer No
    Date Change Authorized None Mode S Code 51044563
    MFR Year None Fractional Owner NO

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Registered Owner

Name ATLANTA AIR SERVICES LEASING LLC
    Street 901 SW HIGGINS STE 4
    City MISSOULA State MONTANA Zip Code 59807
    County MISSOULA
    Country UNITED STATES
    Mark Lawrence - KFLL
    Davie, FL

Community Manager NYCAviation.com
    email: [email protected]

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=1538
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/9633283@N04/

Keep in mind that considering the already-present "secret" Janet flights that operate in an out of LAS, that this could easily be a cargo charter for who-knows-what. Would a temporary fake reg be very far fetched?

Quote Originally Posted by MarkLawrence
    According the the FAA Registry, N3755P is still valid, so I expect that's still in service somewhere.
    I saw that in the FAA registry too. Looking at a C-130 registry Excel file I have, this airframe (serial 5032) along with several others, are listed with owners noted as "possible CIA" connections. There's not much on-line about "Atlanta Air Services" but a couple of places mention a possible CIA link too. There's nothing in the registry file with a number close to matching what's on Nick's photo, and it's obviously not an N-number. Given the lack of national insignia, I doubt it's an active military bird. I wouldn't be surprised if this is the same bird, and if its ownership is somewhat murky.

traffic two o'clock two miles southbound flight of four C-130s

i've also exhausted all possible leads. i've been told that she's definately not US military, though i'm not sure i would i believe him that she's CIA. heard way too many conspiracy stories...
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.