Thread: Anyone know what happened tonight at JFK

Anyone know what happened tonight at JFK

Anyone know what went down tonight? Around 5PM I notice a lot of emergency vehicles with lights flashing out past T1 (looking from T8). AY5 which was already late was now being held and couldn't get in until 6PM. Now around 6PM thre was smoke billowing across JFK, very strong too. Others in the area told me they saw ash between T1 and T8, AY crew states there was a "darkened aircraft" on or blocking 31L. I never saw the ash orthe alleged aircraft, but I did see the lights and smelled the smoke. Around this time we had many flights held coming in. Yet nothing concrete from any reliable sources so I ask here, does anyone know what really went on tonight?
    Flight Schedule / flight sched·ule / (noun) - An entertaining work of fiction.

traffic two o'clock two miles southbound flight of four C-130s

Re: Anyone know what happened tonight at JFK

i had the web feed on from GND and all i heard was a comair that became disabled and asked for the trucks to be rolled for him. it took over an hour to get him removed from where he was sitting, but i don't remember what taxiway he ended up blocking.
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.

Re: Anyone know what happened tonight at JFK

Word at a.net says a CHQ Aircraft ERJ135 closed R31.

Was going BUF-JFK, but not confirmed.

Alex
    www.southwest.com Bags Fly Free. Anytime, Anywhere on Southwest Airlines. Share the LUV!