Thread: SWA expected to announce large expansion at DEN

SWA expected to announce large expansion at DEN

More Southwest flights?
    Airline expected to announce large expansion at DIA
    By Chris Walsh, Rocky Mountain News (Contact)
    Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Southwest Airlines is expected this week to announce what could be its biggest expansion yet in Denver, a source close to the company's plans said.

The new service could rival or even surpass the 14 flights to five new destinations Southwest added in November.

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/news/2 ... t-flights/

Came across this at airliners.net, confirming link is true, however I have not heard of this internally, but the new routes seems to be as stated at airliners.net, but no confirmed..

DEN-PHL 2X
    DEN-LAX 5X
    DEN-RDU 1X
    DEN-STL 3X
    DEN-SJC 3X
    DEN-SAT 1X

We will see if these routes are true!

This certainly doesn't help the WN/F9 rumor that has been circulating around.

Alex
    www.southwest.com Bags Fly Free. Anytime, Anywhere on Southwest Airlines. Share the LUV!

Re: SWA expected to announce large expansion at DEN

Alex the WN/F9 rumor is BULL. F9 offers WN nothing..even the routes gained doesn't offer WN anything being WN can do that on their own. Boyd wrote a great article this week and it clearly shows WN will not be going after anyone but expanding on their own in order to knock out the comp.

Quote Originally Posted by T-Bird76
    Alex the WN/F9 rumor is BULL. F9 offers WN nothing..even the routes gained doesn't offer WN anything being WN can do that on their own. Boyd wrote a great article this week and it clearly shows WN will not be going after anyone but expanding on their own in order to knock out the comp.
    I don't like Boyd he annoys me LOL.

But I am not saying that WN/F9 would happen, whether buyout or merger or acquistion, but the rumors had settled down, but this addition at DEN is nothing but coincedence that WN had planned to do all along (im assuming) and people who don't think clear with this would see this and go "but I thought F9 and WN aren't doing anything..why is WN adding at DEN" type of rumor that I hear.

Thats why said, this is not going to help tone down the WN/F9 rumors, as well as WN/AE, WN/DL and every airline in the book LOL

Alex
    www.southwest.com Bags Fly Free. Anytime, Anywhere on Southwest Airlines. Share the LUV!

Within earshot of MD-80s who don't "Over fly Prospect Park to the extent practical"

This sounds more like Southwest continuing to eat United's lunch at DEN. Which, from what I understand, is bothering just about nobody in eastern Colorado.

MDW-STL reduces from 12 daily to 11.
    MCI-STL reduces from 6 daily to 5

Gains..
    STL-LAS from 3 daily to 4
    STL-PHL 2 new daily.
    STL-DEN 3 new daily.

Everything else is the same.

So we gained 6 new flights, but lost 3 due to MDW, MCI, so a net gain of 4 more flights.

ABQ-1, BWI-5, BHM-1, MDW-11, CLE-2, CMH-2, DAL-8, DEN-3, DTW-3, FLL-1, HOU-4, MCI-5, LAS-4, LIT-2, LAX-1, SDF-3, OKC-2, OMA-3, MCO-4, PHL-2, PHX-5, SLC-2, TPA-2, TUL-3, for a total 79 DAILY FLIGHTS to 24 DESTINATIONS!

That's STL info!

Alex

WN axed 40 flights, but added 49 new ones.

Here is the time table chart.

http://www.southwest.com/about_swa/pres ... _chart.pdf

The Press Release also..
    http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/080109/law085a.html?.v=1

Alex

No changes to ISP...not sure if that's a good or bad thing. I guess its both, good being we aren't losing anymore service other then what WN already pulled and bad because it sounds like WN isn't investing in ISP either....I wonder if they regret building that 8 gate terminal now?