Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: JFK Food Courts - Which is the best?

JFK Food Courts - Which is the best?

So yesterday I had the brilliant idea to take the AirTrain from my office to get lunch at T4. I don't know how I didn't think of it sooner...I can even get some good spotting in during the hour.

I'm interested in checking out foodcourts in other terminals.

What JFK terminals have good food courts? What restaurants or fast food joints do each of them have?

I'd like to know your thoughts.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

Me like the Robert Downey Jr of cooooooookies!

Re: JFK Food Courts - Which is the best?

I like T 4.
    And I, I took the path less traveled by
    and that has made all the difference......yet...
    I have a feeling a handle of people are going to be very interested in what I post in the near future.

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=187

T3 sucks although there's some good views of the taxiways. They got BK, Sbarro's, and some other crap. T2 does not have a dedicated food court like T3 and there's no true fast food option there. YOu need to hike to T3 to get BK or something.

I don't like T7, as they have McDonalds, a Pretzel place, and a few restaurants that are always way too crowded. The McDonalds area is also windowless.
    "I can't wait until tomorrow, cause I get better looking everyday"
    --Joe Namath

T7 doesn't have any food before the check points, beyond the check points they have a normal food court a bar and a decent restaurant. T4 is the best though hands down, it’s in the public area, it’s great for browsing, doing some shopping, or people watching and the food selection is pretty good. T6....has crap before the checkpoints, beyond though the Sports bar has good burgers and other decent fare plus a great selection of beers, there food court doesn't do anything for me. T8 before the checkpoints has limited options but decent, beyond the check points T8 offers a wide variety of options. However T4 is the best. IMO though the best airport burger is Figs at LGA.

Beleive or not ISP has some good food beyond the checkpoints. Their Irish pub has awesome burgers and great fish and chips. The Italian place also has very good food, great for taking on board.

T1 has only a couple places to eat(Chinese and a McDonalds) and they do have the Big Glass Windows where you can see out toward 31L/13R
    It's hard to take chances but sometimes it's better if you do

http://www.southpawcaptures.com
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/southpawcaptures/
    On Twitter @southpawcapture

Quote Originally Posted by eric8669
    T1 has only a couple places to eat(Chinese and a McDonalds) and they do have the Big Glass Windows where you can see out toward 31L/13R
    And it is before security which makes up for lack of selection.
    "I can't wait until tomorrow, cause I get better looking everyday"
    --Joe Namath

In terms of selection Terminal 4 wins by a landslide. However in terms of views the Terminal 1 food court before security has a decent selection and also a decent view through the windows at the Terminal 1 ramp and 31L/13R.

Inside security at Terminal 6 Jet Blue has a nice little sushi stand but it is located in the middle of the concourse with no view out to the air field. Terminal 2 also has a decent little selection once past security and with those big windows you see a lot.

I had Wok and Roll at T1 today. It seems to me that the closer you get to an airport...the worse fried rice gets. God forbid you get IN an airport....ugh. The Lo Mein and Chicken and Broccoli weren't bad though.

I'm so used to T4 already that I'd liek to check out other things.

What about 8/9?

Phil its now just T8 (The AA terminal). As I mentioned before the checkpoints they have limited options but decent. If you haven't been to the new AA terminal you really should just go on lunch one day to check it out, I really enjoy being in T8. Beyond the checkpoints T8 has a wide variety of fare ranging from simple food court options, pubs, sit down style places and even wine cafe's. AA really did a nice job with the terminal and the retail establishments they included.

Had a pretty good burger at the burger place (forget the name) that is first in the line of the jetBlue food court. good and greesey...
    Overheard on JFK TOWER - S Turns are fine, U-Turns are bad....

For good food, that anyone can get.. i have to say t-4.. but for rampers food.. delta by far.. cheap and really good..

and that burger place is cheeseburger cheeseburger.. i have to disagree.. premade meat patties just dont cut it for me.. good food at t-6 is blue lagoon.. the little azn bar in the middle!.. they have the best food in the whole airport.. but you have to be flying jetblue to get it

I still vote for T1. The view should make up for the fried rice.
    Why not combine the best of both worlds? Grab some food at T4 and go watch planes in T1 :)
    Flying is not dangerous; crashing is dangerous.

Quote Originally Posted by h2opunk1822
    For good food, that anyone can get.. i have to say t-4.. but for rampers food.. delta by far.. cheap and really good..
    How do you folks at JetBlue get to get over to Delta?

Delta IS very cheap, and it's nice to have food that truly does have the taste and feel of home cooked food.

For those who don't know, there's an employee cafeteria that's only accessible past security by airport workers.

OH! I forgot!!! The bar and restaurant in the Admirals Club in T8...AWESOME! Great food, outstanding bar, great views and a true Manhattan lounge setting.

T4 has a wide variety, although I like T1 as well. T1, has a huge window to view the apron while you eat. T4 has these little nooks where you can get your food and sit and watch the tarmac. Personally I like T4.