Thread: CO or SK to Scandinavia

CO or SK to Scandinavia

Hi, I am planning a trip this summer fo Scandinavia. We plan to depart EWR->CPH and return ARN-EWR. I need to choose between CO or SK. The schedules themselves are comparable. CO will be on 757 while SK will be on 330. CO's fare is cheaper by around $100. I am not thrilled about long trans-Atlantic flight on the 757, plus i have flown it so many times. I never flew SK before and only flew on the 330 twice in the past. Should I pay extra to sample SK? Who has better service in your opinion, CO or SK? Also, has anyone of you tried trans-Atlantic on a 757?
    Thanks

Re: CO or SK to Scandinavia

That'd be a no brainer for me, I'd pay the extra $100 to fly SAS.

It's always good to fly the foreign carrier to the foreign city vs. flying a US airline.

The A330-300 will be a much better airplane to fly on then the 757-200 for the 7hr flight and I'm sure the service on SAS beats Continental by a mile. You will also have IFE at every seat on the A330.

I have flown 7 hours before on a Delta 757-200 to Lima from ATL and it was just an awful flying experience!

In the summer theres a very good chance you will be upgraded to an A340. It was most of last summer anyway.

Hi !

I took the NWA 757 last year from DUS to DTW. The Boeing was old, there was no individual IFE, the rest was pretty good, but I like the smaller ones like 757 or 767 anyway more than the 747 or 340. I guess the SAS 330 is not the worst choice. Although from Germany I never flew SAS, but the service is supposed to be good.

Take care

Manni

Quote Originally Posted by ManniGee
    Hi !

I took the NWA 757 last year from DUS to DTW. The Boeing was old, there was no individual IFE, the rest was pretty good, but I like the smaller ones like 757 or 767 anyway more than the 747 or 340. I guess the SAS 330 is not the worst choice. Although from Germany I never flew SAS, but the service is supposed to be good.

Take care

Manni
    There are rumors going around the trans 75's are going to get the 330 seats, but those are just rumors.
    nwa FOREVER!

Thanks for your advise!

nwafan20 wrote

There are rumors going around the trans 75's are going to get the 330 seats, but those are just rumors.

Hi !

I spoke to the NWA ramp agent in DTW. He was a great guy, he bumped me ab into the business class, when he heard, that I am a air traffic controlller and he told me that the 757 are always pretty packed and heavy so that they have to leave either luggage or passenger in DUS, because of the strong headwind an weight limitations. NWA got 2 new 330s at the end of the year and he said that they are thinking about sending a 330 over the atlantic insted of the 757. So I hope the rumors might be true...

Take care !

traffic two o'clock two miles southbound flight of four C-130s

i'd take CO going, and SK on the way back to sample both.
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.

Where the PARK routing crosses the Expressway Visual 31

You want a CO 757 experience? Fly to Fort Lauderdale. If you have the opportunity to fly the foreign carrier for only a small price difference, do it.

SAS!!!
    I flew them over the summer and loved it
    You can read my trip report (with photos)here:
    viewtopic.php?f=20&t=8527