Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: LGA Daily Report: JAN '08

Re: LGA Daily Report: JAN '08

All I know is we saw it depart around 1600 Monday, give to take an hour or so.

LGA777

traffic two o'clock two miles southbound flight of four C-130s

23 May

1600L
    the US Navy paid us a visit with the City of St.Augustine, a C-9B.
    1740L
    a US DOJ DHC-8-100 showed her pretty colors to us today.
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.

We had 4 F-18s here today that departed on 13 and made a nice bank in front of the US Ramp tower. I'll post some pics later, but I'm sure LGA777 and crew have some nice pics from their vantage point! :borat:

Right now there are over 50 planes waiting for takeoff and its quite the parking lot. Welcome to Summer :mrgreen: Just another summer day at the USS LaGuardia :D
    ATP MEL, Commercial Pilot ASEL & ASES, CFII
    Instrument Airplane
    CL-65
    , ATR-42, ATR-72, LR-JET, LR-60
    AGI & IGI
    http://www.airliners.net/search/photo.s ... entry=true

Quote Originally Posted by AA 777
    We had 4 F-18s here today that departed on 13 and made a nice bank in front of the US Ramp tower. I'll post some pics later, but I'm sure LGA777 and crew have some nice pics from their vantage point! :borat:

Right now there are over 50 planes waiting for takeoff and its quite the parking lot. Welcome to Summer :mrgreen: Just another summer day at the USS LaGuardia :D
    sadly, nothing more than a few camera phones up here tonight but since our gates were empty all our personel were outside. the navy sure does know how to make noise...

as far as the rest goes... well at least i'm not bored!
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.

What time was this??? I was spotting the LGA arrivals this afternoon between 12:45PM to 2:30PM I had my camera with me too and I would have love to get those F-18s
    Sergio has been a huge Delta Air Lines fan since 1992!!

Sergio Cardona

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos....e=1&display=15

What time was this??? I was spotting the LGA arrivals this afternoon between 12:45PM to 2:30PM I had my camera with me too and I would have love to get those F-18s[/quote]

The 4 F-18's departed 13 around 1540 lcl with about 10 second separation between each departure, they then made a right turn over Shea ! And sorry folks no camera with me.

Cheers

LGA777

USMC C-9B parked on "E" ramp again. i stopped by work for about 45 minutes today before the night shift came in and she was still sitting there when i left with all doors open.

The USMC C-9 left and came back to LGA around 1800, but not after a go around on short final for 31....

In other LGA news, the GA ramp is absolutely packed. If anyone knows of anything big going on in the city tomorrow or so that would be great. Sheltair must be rolling in the benjamins! I believe I saw a GIV and a Legacy parked down by the MAT due to a lack of space by the five towers! :shock:
    Instrument Airplane
    CL-65
    AGI & IGI

The USMC C-9 left and came back to LGA around 1800, but not after a go around on short final for 31....

In other LGA news, the GA ramp is absolutely packed. If anyone knows of anything big going on in the city tomorrow or so that would be great. Sheltair must be rolling in the benjamins! I believe I saw a GIV and a Legacy parked down by the MAT due to a lack of space by the five towers! :shock:
    welcome back to the ranks of LGA employees mr. smith! wish i was there to witness that go-around...

Pretty sure the Vice President is inbound to LGA right now. Theres a convoy of Limos/Police etc over by the Five towers just waiting....

Will report back!
    Instrument Airplane
    CL-65
    AGI & IGI

Sparta 02 a USAF dc9 landed about 15 mins ago and Air Force Two a USAF GV just landed and both are parked over by the Five Towers. I was hoping for the 757, but alas not this time! All 18 cars in the convoy are headed into NYC now...

Pics to follow later if I remember!
    Instrument Airplane
    CL-65
    AGI & IGI

Sparta 02 a USAF dc9 landed about 15 mins ago and Air Force Two a USAF GV just landed and both are parked over by the Five Towers. I was hoping for the 757, but alas not this time! All 18 cars in the convoy are headed into NYC now...
    only 18?

I was really surprised to see the Vice President only rates a G-V, and it was cool seeing the G-V and the "beautiful" C-9A racing down Alpha one behind the other before departing 31, that was one amazingly clean looking DC-9 !

Cheers

LGA777

Quote Originally Posted by LGA777
    I was really surprised to see the Vice President only rates a G-V
    Must be the governments idea of saving gas :lol:
    Instrument Airplane
    CL-65
    AGI & IGI

That must explain the Dover based C17 that loaded two limos and two Suburbans at Hgr 19 JFK earlier tonight. Left around 2330. So much for saving fuel!