Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: LGA Daily Report: JAN '08

Re: LGA Daily Report: JAN '08

What terminal did they operate out of? Or was it FBO?
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

Email me anytime at [email protected].

traffic two o'clock two miles southbound flight of four C-130s

Quote Originally Posted by Phil D.
    i saw it pulling into the alley between A and B concourses.
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.

i saw it pulling into the alley between A and B concourses.
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.

Quote Originally Posted by LGA777
    Allegiant has made several LGA visits this year operating Gambling junket charters to Mississipi, they are ground and passenger handled at LGA by CO. .
    Phil, as prev stated they are handled at LGA by CO, who also handle the Sky King 732 gambling charters to Mississippi. This time Allegiant parked on A-3 for both visits, last time it was A-2 so we got to chat with the crew as we (US) do the Ramp Control for Gates A-2-4-6.

LGA777

Allegiant has made several LGA visits this year operating Gambling junket charters to Mississipi, they are ground and passenger handled at LGA by CO. .
    Phil, as prev stated they are handled at LGA by CO, who also handle the Sky King 732 gambling charters to Mississippi. This time Allegiant parked on A-3 for both visits, last time it was A-2 so we got to chat with the crew as we (US) do the Ramp Control for Gates A-2-4-6.

LGA777

Fairly interesting day at LGA for Thursday 10-16. I did another double and I had brought my camcorder to work which is rare, in case the DC-3 departed but it's still here with MTC. But the camcorder got some good use anyway despite the crappy weather.

First around 1030 Trump departed 13 for SWF. Right after he departed we switched to 31 departures and not 10 mins after Trump here came Obama. My co-workers where amused how the 757 by-passed the 15 or so aircraft in the departure line and went right to the front for an immediate departure. Minutes later a Canadian registered Avanti departed and a few mins later the FAA's G-IV N1 Departed 31. Pretty unique aircraft as it has the same scheme as a USAF SAM Gulfstream but has a civilian registration and operated by the FAA.

Around 1600 Obama's 757 returned from somewhere landing on 22, I believe he has some fundraising dinner tonight in Manhattan.

The final guest of the day was a Corporate Beech 1900-D N1883M, something you don't see every day ( or year). The below photo has a desciption of it's operator.

Cheers

LGA777

17 October

0900L
    the AAL DC-3 finally left for EWR, she departed 4 and made a very, very shallow climb in the upwind.
    1000L
    obama's 757 departed a few minutes ago. no fanfare, just a nice steep climb...
    1150L
    ACA706 was operated today by a title-less A319.

Monday Oct 20: Back for another double and while reading this site I was distracted by VERY LOUD reverser deployment, and looked up to see Peter Nygard rolling out on 31. The 727 is parked at 5 Towers. While watching the 3-holer taxi to the ramp I then noticed a strange 757 over at Echo Parking. After a quick look through the binoculars the 75 turned out to be this old girl, number 14 off the line.

Checking the Star's schedule they play the Rangers tonight, the Devil's on Wed night and then the Islanders on Thursday evening. I wonder if the aircraft (might) reposition to FRG for departure Thursday night?

And the real highlight of the day (maybe week) just landed on 31, Italian Air Force A-319, MM62174, thanks to detective Celmer for getting the very hard to read reg, it was very small and they have 3, pretty sure that's the first appearance of one at LGA.

The Italian vistor departed LGA only about 90 mins after they arrived, not sure where they where going or where they came from?

Cheers

LGA777

Checking the Star's schedule they play the Rangers tonight, the Devil's on Wed night and then the Islanders on Thursday evening. I wonder if the aircraft (might) reposition to FRG for departure Thursday night?
    Oh, I'm a hoping so! :)

Hey that Italian ACJ repositioned to HPN and is there currently...
    FAA Licensed Airframe & Powerplant Mechanic
    Student Pilot

And the real highlight of the day (maybe week) just landed on 31, Italian Air Force A-319, MM62174...
    That's the most unique visitor of the year I can remember.
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

Quote Originally Posted by GothamSpotter
    And the real highlight of the day (maybe week) just landed on 31, Italian Air Force A-319, MM62174...
    i've got one better. the Djibouti Goverment paid a visit to LGA today with this airplane:

now there's your visitor of the year!

WTF?
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

Quote Originally Posted by cancidas
    Quote Originally Posted by GothamSpotter
    i've got one better. the Djibouti Goverment paid a visit to LGA today with this airplane:

now there's your visitor of the year!
    we're missing something here because these arn't the only visitors... EWR has had Saudi 747SP, Aramco 767 N767A, VP-CIE and VP-BWR A319s the past few days.