Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: LGA Daily Report: JAN '08

Re: LGA Daily Report: JAN '08

Monday 9-15. Today sorta special visitor might not sound that special to some but I think so.

We see NW DC-9's here everyday and thanks NW for keeping the old birds flying.
    But today we got a rare for LGA -51, N779NC to be exact, since repainted in the new NW scheme.

Been working at LGA since 1985 but this is probably only the 8th or 9th time I have seen a NW DC-9-51 at LGA.

Regards

LGA777

While I was at Soundview back in May 28th, I captured a NW DC-9-51 taking off from rwy 4... Here it is

I saw N779NC last night climbing out of LGA nice and loud while I was at my friend's house in front..
    Sergio has been a huge Delta Air Lines fan since 1992!!

Sergio Cardona

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos....e=1&display=15

Thur Sept 18th. DL/Shuttle America brought in the first I have seen E-175 which is also in the new DL scheme, arrived around 1450 from MDW replacing the scheduled E-170. DL seems to have started scheduling the E-175 on the LGA-MDW route on select flights on certain days. For example if anyone wants to try and shoot it for this Fri/Sat/Sun no flights show in my CRS at work. But on Monday 9-22 it show operating DL 5931 turning 5934 arriving 1418 departing 1455. It returns after dark at 2018 then departs Tues morning at 0755 as DL 5931. Then thats it till Thursday when the same schedule as Monday repeats and Friday morning repeats the Tues morning departure, then that appears to be it for now. These are very photo shy birds, only one shot on a.net and JP and neither are in service shots so here's a chance to get something new.

http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=6345890

And while I was typing the above the highlight of the day made a beautiful landing on 31, can't believe there are only two shots from the same day on a.net so far.

Regards

LGA777

Friday 9-19. N664AA American's pink trimed 757 departed 13 around 1600, second day in a row she was here.

Cheers

LGA777

Sat Sept 20: A couple of nice smaller visitors today. The highlight was this Baby 9

She arrived from LWB (Greenbier,WV) Then ferried out nice and light to her home base of YIP. Found this nice shot of her from way back in 1966.

Also got to see this one arrive and depart, love the reg.

And finally something I have not seen at LGA in recent memory, 2 single engine piston aircraft departed about 30 mins apart, first a straight tail Beech Bonanza, followed by a Piper Saratago, pretty fun.

Cheers

LGA777

Sounds like an interesting day, Ron. I've caught that little DC-9 at FRG a few times.

traffic two o'clock two miles southbound flight of four C-130s

22 September

1540L
    airtran brought in N971AT, that's the air tranica 717 as TRS355.
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.

26 September

what a day! we still haven't recovered from the ATC delays. on another note i was able to raise my head from my deks for a few minutes to notice a few interesting movements. firstly, DAL had a 767 in new colors here today. MEP brought in N813ME, an MD-80.
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.

27 September

NWA brought in another DC-9-51... N764NC.

28 September

i'm not 100% on this one, and couldn't find any info online but i'm pretty sure the westwind in the picture below was here at LGA today.

it was taken by senga at SWF.

That aircraft belongs to Honduras and was parked at SWF all this week so it is very possible.

29 September

we ahd a visit from the USAF once again today, this time with a wingletted C-32. she was parked on E ramp when i parked in the lot before going in to work, but i had to race the bus so i didn't even get a cell phone shot.

30 September

1520L
    N821AM roared off 13 for IAD, that's a beautiful GLobal Express.
    1540L
    saw a Sabreliner, N964C, depart 13 for KMIE (Muncie, Indiana.)

02 October

even though i wasn't working i dropped by the office for a little bit today, just long enough to wastch as N836MA (Boeing's own BBJ i think) taxiied out to 31 for departure. since i had some time to kill before class i made my way to my school's tower and watched as N386AA rolled out on 22 following 2 Slowtations, that's an AAL 763. the scanner up in that tower started sounding too much like work so i ran off to relax in my truck in the parking lot. just before going back inside for class i watched a Baron (sounded more like a baron than Seneca anyway) take an intersection departure off of 22 and the crew of N115PD (PAPD's S-76) proving to me once more that they were having more fun than i was...

03 October
    today was a long day, but interesting enough in that i was able to watch all this come and go:

N45LR- Leajer 45
    N687QS- Citation Excel
    N50FD- a Westwind registered to Sallie Mae
    N357AA- AAL B763
    N47EG- Faclon 900
    N821AM- Global Express
    N616KG- G-IV
    N985JC- G-V(SP)
    N85PS- S-76C

also watched as a CH-47 and two AH-64s landed over in the area of the E ramp. they flew in from the west, stayed for about two hours and left again westbound. on the way out the chinook was leading the pack until they disapeared from sight. a big HOO-AH to army aviation!

but the highlight of the day was a UC-35D serial 166374 that taxiied past me on the way to 31 for takeoff. that's basically a citation encore, in USMC paint.