Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: LGA Daily Report: JAN '08

Re: LGA Daily Report: JAN '08

AA retrojet 737-800 poped in this afternoon
    Sergio has been a huge Delta Air Lines fan since 1992!!

Sergio Cardona

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos....e=1&display=15

traffic two o'clock two miles southbound flight of four C-130s

Miami Air B738W just departed, headed to MIA. aside from that i've noticed no other unique movements today.
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.

Miami Air B738W just departed, headed to MIA. aside from that i've noticed no other unique movements today.
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.

15 August

we had some pretty rough weather pass us by earlier today, resulting in the usual cancellations and delays. up to 5 hours at one point for my flights. the one interesting movement i noticed was an ACA 763 at around 0030L.

Quote Originally Posted by cancidas
    15 August

we had some pretty rough weather pass us by earlier today, resulting in the usual cancellations and delays. up to 5 hours at one point for my flights. the one interesting movement i noticed was an ACA 763 at around 0030L.
    Caught the Air Canada Heavy turning off 22 from the M60 bus and had to look twice to make sure I was not seeing things, as I was pretty tired, damn she looked so pretty all lit up, nice way to end a very tiring long day at that office.

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/ACA726

LGA777

16 August

0900L
    forgot to mention this last night, there is a Midwest MD88 sitting nest to VP-BDJ at 5 towers. she's been there since at least thursday.
    1035L
    AAL brought in a 763 just now. came in from MIA as AAL1114.

17 August

2000L
    as mr. peel pointed out, there is not only an airport very close to our office but today has been a very good day for special schemes at LGA. first off, ACA's "Symphony of Voices" A320 is now taxiing out for departure.

about 3000ft down the taxiway our "Panthers" and "Steelers" taxiied out one behind the other. PSA has been here a good 3 times.

18 August

1415L
    this is the first time i've been able to post today, i have been away from my desk and training others for most of the morning. however, i did manage to notice that all the AAL 752 movements in and out of LGA have been on wingletted airplanes. which leads me to a question, how many non-wingletted 757s are running around in american paint?

also, we've had the honor of a truly rare visitor today. N659PC made two round trips to and from BDL earlier, she's a white G-I with a black and purple design on the tail. it tripped me up when i first saw it, took me a second to realize it wasn't one of my saabs. those rolls royce engines definatley sound unique.

Trump just made a very heavy departure off 13 headed for LAX.

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/VPBDJ

Started to rotate about the 6000 foot mark and was airbourne around the 6600 foot mark. Passed just east of Shea at about 200 feet, you gotta love those slow climbs.

LGA777

Saw a US 757 depart 13 last night. Is this normal or an equip sub? I just know I haven't seen one in ages.
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

Quote Originally Posted by GothamSpotter
    Saw a US 757 depart 13 last night. Is this normal or an equip sub? I just know I haven't seen one in ages.
    Gotham US's has had about 5 LGA 757 eq subs in the last 6 months or so but none recently. Last night we had a new A-321 in the new scheme depart 13 around 8:30, I'm guessing that's what you saw?

Cheers

LGA777

It was around 8:30. My eyes deceived me!
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

Gothem, this is probably what you saw... I got a shot just before dark of a USAirways A321 on approach to LGA last night... Here she is...

Sergio has been a huge Delta Air Lines fan since 1992!!

Sergio Cardona

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos....e=1&display=15

Sunday 8-24. Pretty routine long double for me.
    Danica Patrick 717 was here in the morning, Trump was due in around 2145 from LAX and MRY but ended up diverting to JFK, probably ferry over in the AM.

DL 763 just blasted off empty for IND after dropping off the Yankees. Their game ended at BWI around 1700 but they did not depart till around 2045, I think DL may have been a little tardy and a 763 sure is a little overkill for BWI-LGA, it would normaly be a 738.

Cheers

LGA777

Thur 8-28. Kind of unusual DL movement today, two 763's landed about 10-15 mins apart. The first one, N135DL (NC) ferried in all the way from EWR, and would later take the Red Sox back to Boston. The second one, N139DL (OC) did an ATL-LGA-ATL turn and they parked side by side on Gates 1-3.

US Republic brought in E-175 N135HQ with the 400th E-jet delivery decals.

I understand there is an F-18 parked by the PA Police building at the MAT, not sure when it arrived, when it's leaving or why it's here. Very unusual for their to be only one.

LGA777