Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: LGA Daily Report: JAN '08

traffic two o'clock two miles southbound flight of four C-130s

Re: LGA Daily Report: JAN '08

we were just treated to a truly rare visitor. a NAVY F/A-18C from VFA-83 Rampagers off the Dwight D. Eisenhower just landed and rolled out off of 13 right in front of my office. the squadron is based out of NAS Oceana, VA.
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.

Two more FA-18s landed on 22 in the pouring rain...parked next to the one that landed earlier.....
    ATP MEL, Commercial Pilot ASEL & ASES, CFII
    Instrument Airplane
    CL-65
    , ATR-42, ATR-72, LR-JET, LR-60
    AGI & IGI
    http://www.airliners.net/search/photo.s ... entry=true

Quote Originally Posted by AA 777
    Two more FA-18s landed on 22 in the pouring rain...parked next to the one that landed earlier.....
    Did they do a fly over at the Met/Yankee game at Shea? It was supposed to start around 4pm, but was delayed a bit due to rain.

i've always wondered what it must be to sit under a bubble canopy like that and have rain pour on from above. definately has to be an amazing sight...
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.

All I have to say about today is.....

ATP MEL, Commercial Pilot ASEL & ASES, CFII
    Instrument Airplane
    CL-65
    , ATR-42, ATR-72, LR-JET, LR-60
    AGI & IGI
    http://www.airliners.net/search/photo.s ... entry=true

29 June

while my day wasn't as bad as matt's, we did lose a lot to the wx.

in terms of visitors:
    the three NAVY superbugs departed off 13 with thier usual noise and flare.
    Air Canada currently has an A321 parked at A7 right now.
    AAL's "working togther" titled MD80 just taxiied past my office at 2030, looks like he was headed for the penalty box.

Ahhhhh...I wondered why the Comair from from PBI-LGA had diverted to ABE - I guess some bad weather up there....
    Mark Lawrence - KFLL
    Davie, FL

Community Manager NYCAviation.com
    email: [email protected]

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=1538
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/9633283@N04/

A word to the wise...keep it under your hat...no one is to know...

Quote Originally Posted by moose135
    Did they do a fly over at the Met/Yankee game at Shea? It was supposed to start around 4pm, but was delayed a bit due to rain.
    The game started at 1310 promptly. I saw the bugs climb out over Shea from the 1st base line (field level tickets...noice). The first two just up and banked and the third gave us a little wave with his wings. A very pleasant surprise.
    R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    #DeleteThePickleSmoocher
    LETS GO CAPS!
    [URL]http://www.sopicturethis.net[/URL]

Re the F-18's Moose is talking about Saturdays game which had the actual flyover and what wunaladreamin is talking about is Sunday's game which was just a slight adjustment to their 13 departure, and yes the third one put on the best and loudest show leaving LGA also.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkLawrence
    Ahhhhh...I wondered why the Comair from from PBI-LGA had diverted to ABE - I guess some bad weather up there....
    The Comair had company, US also diverted a LGA bound A-319 and E-170 into ABE and they both sat their for a while due to NYC area weather.

Cheers

LGA777

can't believe nobody mentioned this yet. N727PN is at LGA. it looked like she was being preped for departure when i was leaving the lot today though.

VP-BDJ is home, i saw that beautiful lady rolling out on 22 as i was leaving the employee lot to pick up another beautiful lady.

also, i didn't realize how hot it was until i left and was taken by surprise when i saw at least 4 DAL MD80s and even a NKS A319 sitting and waiting for a 22 departure. didn't notice any other heavy departures, then again i could have been teaching a course in slacking today... ah, it's good to be on vacation!

Monday 7-14: Two special visitors today, one large and one small. DL upgraded one of its ATL-LGA-ATL roundtrips to a 763, normally not a big deal but I had not seen a wide body at LGA in months and as many of you know I do spend a little time here and work in a room with a view. BTW inbound to the gate I had not seen anything taxi that fast here in months either, ironic.

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/DAL923

The other visitor was a US Govt King Air (sorry don't remember the correct Military designation) complete with small gray "United States of America" titles.

Cheers

LGA777

Sunday July 20, LGA's visitor of the week arrived early afternoon from Santa Barbara (SBA) then departed early evening to Clearwater (PIE) taking the Oakland A's down to play their next series with the Devil Rays after getting swept by the Yankee's at the Stadium. Oh yeah here is a great Art Brett photo of their beautiful ride.

Probably the first time a 757 has ever flown nonstop from SBA to LGA.

About 10 mins later an Avanti departed 13 but I missed the reg.

LGA777

Sunday July 20 - Part two, well it's about 2230L and Air Tranica just taxied by our tower eastbound in line for takeoff on 13, probably about number 60 for takeoff, another fun night at LGA.

Surprised to see still only one shot of this scheme on a.net.

Cheers

LGA777

Monday July 21. Two items of possible interest. Looks like new colors DL MD88's are going to become a real common site at LGA. Today I noticed a new colored tail at the MAT and it appears Shuttle MD88's N908DE and N909DE are both flying DL Shuttle routes in the new colors but DL has chosen not to add Shuttle titles, perhaps because of the new font and branding. Also 910 and 912 are scheduled for repaintiing in the near future.

As I watched N908DE taxi by me today in line for departure on 31 I thought the reg sounded familiar, after a little looking found my shot (shameless plug below)

It mentions in my caption that this is the first DL MD88 to get Shuttle titles, well now it's the first to loose them. I find it ironic that as large as DL's MD88 fleet is of the four ones in the new colors so far two are N908DL and N908DE.

The other item is today LGA looked like a mini hub for AirTran. It is common for their inbound flights to wait on the taxiway for their gate to open, especially on days when LGA has a GDP, which is almost daily. Anyway today I saw 4 Airtrans in a row back to back on Bravo, 3 737's and a 717. I believe one was waiting for it's departure route to open and 3 where inbounds. Shortly thereafter a 717 and 737 came out of the alley's so I guess they must have had 6 on the ground at once, possibly a station record.

Cheers

LGA777