Pictures later....
    ATP MEL, Commercial Pilot ASEL & ASES, CFII
    Instrument Airplane
    CL-65
    , ATR-42, ATR-72, LR-JET, LR-60
    AGI & IGI
    http://www.airliners.net/search/photo.s ... entry=true

Re: LGA Daily Report: JAN '08

Hot off the press. Thanks to a phone call from LGA777 I got some good pics of this new guy. This is the unprocessed image so its not perfect :) Landed about 10 minutes ago.

Instrument Airplane
    CL-65
    AGI & IGI

As promised this was earlier in the day. Its still parked over by the five towers. I assume it will leave tonight after the Met game is over....

Instrument Airplane
    CL-65
    AGI & IGI

traffic two o'clock two miles southbound flight of four C-130s

nice shots matt! the embraer is a bit cheasy but a nice touch.
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.

I wouldn't be surprised if Air Canada sends some larger equipment to LGA in the next couple of days. They have had a lot of cancellations and delays this past weekend due to storms in Toronto and in New York.

I'm scheduled to fly AC723 LGA-YYZ tomorrow and hopefully the flight will operate and perhaps even on a larger aircraft then an E-175!

wow, no posts from the folks at work. guess they're up to thier foreheads in work. i'm actually glad i took the day off. when i was working on my truck i got a little wet from a passing shower but when i got home and saw the radar i was honestly shocked. there was no relief today either; DCA, IAD, LGA, JFK, BWI, RIC and even SBY, RIC and CRW were getting hammered. truly a BAD day.
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.

Matt, you where correct, no time for posts from work, pretty crazy but lots of very pro-active advance cancellations, the worst of the weather past just to the north of LGA yielding some spectacular Dark cloud formations around 1900 lcl, so wild it reminded me of the infamous scene from the film "The Ten Comandements". It was so unique I actually invited the whole ML Ramp outside to take a look as we had no flight activity at the time.

We did have one Special Visitor on 6-16, one I had never seen before, and was surprised as I thought it was a very short term decal that was gone months ago, here she is !

http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=6175095

http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=6194141

Again mods, sorry for my weather ranting !

LGA777

Quote Originally Posted by LGA777
    Matt, you where correct, no time for posts from work, pretty crazy but lots of very pro-active advance cancellations, the worst of the weather past just to the north of LGA yielding some spectacular Dark cloud formations around 1900 lcl, so wild it reminded me of the infamous scene from the film "The Ten Comandements". It was so unique I actually invited the whole ML Ramp outside to take a look as we had no flight activity at the time.
    Indeed, standing in front of my house with 40mph gusts, I saw those clouds in the direction of the airport and wondered if LGA was about to get hit with a tornado. Lowest, darkest storm clouds I have ever seen.
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

Quote Originally Posted by Iberia A340-600
    I'm scheduled to fly AC723 LGA-YYZ tomorrow and hopefully the flight will operate and perhaps even on a larger aircraft then an E-175!
    This flight was actually canceled yesterday, but still listed as an Ejet for this evening's service.

Looking over FlightAware didn't see any big subs today, no 76s visiting our mini-airport. Only flight out of the ordinary was a UA 752 ferried to JFK.
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

I'm sitting here in LGA at gate A5 waiting for my flight to YYZ on AC723 and so far the flight is scheduled ontime and as an E-175. Looking out the window I just saw the Carolina Panthers 319 taxi by for departure. The Alleghany 319 just arrived as well.

I was very surprised how quickly check in and security went. It's my first time flying out of LGA in 7 years so I wasn't sure what to expect. However the terminal could use a facelift.

Quote Originally Posted by Iberia A340-600
    However the terminal could use a facelift.
    Next time Gordon try flying out of the US Terminal instead, even though its almost 16 years old it's a LOT more Modern than the CTB, and the A gates, where AC flies out of are among the least modern. Keep in mind though that building opened in I'm pretty sure 1964.

Have a great time Europe !

LGA777

Landed about 20 minutes ago and is parked over where they usually have Kids Day. As posted in another thread it came in as Executive Foxtrot One

Instrument Airplane
    CL-65
    AGI & IGI

20 June

when i parked my car today around 1300 i noticed two cancadian government a/c, a Global Express as well as Challenger 600. no idea if they're still there as i've beeen hiding in the depths of my terminal. there was also a BT36C parked there as well.

They are both still here. The Global came in yesterday and the challenger came in today. They are parked next to each other at the five towers...
    Instrument Airplane
    CL-65
    AGI & IGI

Pink Delta just went around on 13. Should be landing shortly....
    Instrument Airplane
    CL-65
    AGI & IGI