Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Britney Spears' 16 year old sister....PREGNANT

Re: Britney Spears' 16 year old sister....PREGNANT

Quote Originally Posted by NIKV69
    I would rather take parenting advice from John List.
    Post of the week. :)
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

Just goes to show you You can take the trash out of the trailer, but you can't take the trailer out of the trash.
    Flight Schedule / flight sched·ule / (noun) - An entertaining work of fiction.

I was going to use a similar line before but I thought it was a) too cliche and b) not really applicable since they actually come from a not-so-modest lifestyle.

Well, these people are trashy regardless, and it seems Britney will never heal.

IFP, ISP, JFK, IGM, SAN, VCV, LGA, LAX, SEE, LAS

It gets better, I think her mom has an agreement with one of the rags to sell the pics of the newborn for a million dollars. These people are so bad. They are jumping on the coat tails of their daughter and making all they can. Which I can't fault them for it. Society has created this and if people are willing to shell out the money so be it.

Let us remember one thing also, Where Brittney and her sister come from it's not unusual to be with child at this age. Many southern girls are married with child at a young age. I know she is not married but let's see how she deals with it. Hopefully better than Brittney.
    'My idea of a good picture is one that's in focus and of a famous person doing something unfamous.' Andy Warhol

Quote Originally Posted by NIKV69
    It gets better, I think her mom has an agreement with one of the rags to sell the pics of the newborn for a million dollars. These people are so bad. They are jumping on the coat tails of their daughter and making all they can. Which I can't fault them for it. Society has created this and if people are willing to shell out the money so be it.

Let us remember one thing also, Where Brittney and her sister come from it's not unusual to be with child at this age. Many southern girls are married with child at a young age. I know she is not married but let's see how she deals with it. Hopefully better than Brittney.
    Nick where there come from has nothing to do with it. Teen pregnancy is a societal problem that affects the nation equally rich and poor and has no geographic boundaries to it. The problem rests in the hands of the parents and to some degree the education system. In this case they just happen to be from the south. Look what happened to Paris Hilton; while she didn't get pregnant her behavior is very similar to that of Britney's. Now Paris's family is the total opposite of the Spears, old money, a highly prestigious American name and an educated family but the behavior is the same. Just goes to show you doesn't matter where your from or how much money you have poor decisions don't discriminate.

I'm not saying it isn't, but perhaps we should explore the specific reasons that teen pregnancy is a problem. As Nick said, it might be normal where they come from, but that doesn't mean it's not a problem.

There ARE some parts of this country where people in their late teens are already taking on very responsible roles, running family farms and businesses and so forth. However, this category of people is in the minority for sure, and though the Spears family has money, it doesn't make her decision a wise one.

IFP, ISP, JFK, IGM, SAN, VCV, LGA, LAX, SEE, LAS

Nick where there come from has nothing to do with it. Teen pregnancy is a societal problem that affects the nation equally rich and poor and has no geographic boundaries to it.
    Tommy I have lived in the south. In Fla for example I could go to any Osco or Piggly Wiggly, The cashiers were all 16-17 married with one or more kids. Sure teenage pregancy is a problem but there plenty of young girls down south that have kids at a young age in and out of wedlock and do fine. There are differences geographically trust me. The south is a whole different world than up where we live, the midwest etc. Not putting down the south in any way but it's a fact. You think if Brittneys's sister was a regular girl from the south and was married and got pregnant we would know about it? The Rural south is full of teen girls with child. The question is what she does after the birth. Sure her image with her TV following is a concern but trust me this isn't the disaster everyone thinks it is. Unless she acts like her sister.

I'm not saying it isn't, but perhaps we should explore the specific reasons that teen pregnancy is a problem. As Nick said, it might be normal where they come from, but that doesn't mean it's not a problem.
    Young couples are guilty of this all the time, it takes just a little bit of laziness with birth control or whatever. All the parenting in the world is not going to stop young people from having sex. Let us not forget this was not a fling, she is in a committed relationship with the father. Abstinence just doesn't happen. Just hope this kid has a better experience than Brittney's.
    'My idea of a good picture is one that's in focus and of a famous person doing something unfamous.' Andy Warhol

Nick Metro New York City is full of teens with children that work at places like PathMark...Simply because a stereotype exists doesn't mean it’s a systemic problem in one particular geographic area. It has more to do with the difference between the economically disenfranchised areas of the country which major cities like New York, L.A, Chicago, Philly, DC, and Boston makes up the majority of. Infact the state with the highest rates of teen pregnancy is California, a state known for being on the cutting edge.

The reason why one might think the south is plagued with this problem is because the population is spread out and not as dense as the Northeast, therefore certain elements of society will standout more then in areas like NYC where it tends to blend in. This causes stereotypes to become the assumed lifestyle of the area when infact the percentages between the North, South, East, and West are very similar when it comes to teen pregnancy.

The problem has to do with a great many things from the family, to the schools, economics, main stream media, and peer pressures at a young age. Sex is such a taboo subject in America that its discussion is shunned. In Western Europe sex is just the opposite, it’s a freely discussed subject allowing for greater education and communication to be shared with teens and actively sexual adults. Its no wonder she got pregnant, attractive girl, screwed up family, lots of disposable income with no decent education, and the pressures of being a 16 year old, it was sure bet she'd get pregnant.