Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hell must have frozen over because I'm flying Delta Updated

Re: Hell must have frozen over because I'm flying Delta

No blue chips = NO VALUE!
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

IFP, ISP, JFK, IGM, SAN, VCV, LGA, LAX, SEE, LAS

Re: Hell must have frozen over because I'm flying Delta

Well I was very happy with my Delta flight today. We pushed on time and had nobody in front of us so we did a quick right turn and spooled up and took off. I have flown WN for the last year and almost forgot what it was like to have FAs dressed professionally. They wore these nice red hats too. Nice touch. Almost forgot what it was like to have an assigned seat too. It was great to sit at the gate and board when I wanted instead of lining up like the cattle feeding. The flight was empty which surprised me but I got my seat changed to a bulkhead and it was heaven. Also had my headset with me to I plugged in and watched some HBO they had on and then got out the notebook and watched the Governator kick mucho ass in "The Running Man" on DVD. Then as they went down the aisle with the food and bev cart for the second time I got a nice sandwich. I then cat napped for about an hour and woke up as we were getting ready to turn onto the 31L approach. Great service and a great flight. Go Delta!
    'My idea of a good picture is one that's in focus and of a famous person doing something unfamous.' Andy Warhol

Re: Hell must have frozen over because I'm flying Delta Updated

Ok so I'm back from my quick trip to SLC and having flown Delta I'll say they weren't that bad. I flew F class r/t and the service was certainly on par with AA. On the out bound trip I had a 757 with the new cabin. The F class seats were very nice, a bit to Lazy Boyish though for me when compared to AA's F class seats; however DAL's seats were comfortable. I didn't use the IFE at all, I'd rather use my own iPod. The food was good and comparable to AA's.

On the way back I was on an MD-90 and a CRJ, the MD-90 was cool to fly on, never have before, and its very 717 like and again the F product was good. The CRJ....well it’s a CRJ, pretty standard. The one negative and IMO it’s a big one is the JFK terminal, while Delta has done what they can with it you can't compare it to AA's JFK gateway. Overall no complaints, flights were ontime for the most part and uneventful. So there Chris you should be happy now, lol

Good. Now come get me out of the ER since I've now recovered from my stroke I had when I opened this thread. :mrgreen:

Within earshot of MD-80s who don't "Over fly Prospect Park to the extent practical"

Ha...of course it's tolerable in first class. Try flying coach with the rest of us and see how you like it :)

I didn't mind coach on the 757. I flew ATL-YVR r/t on a DL 757, coach and it wasn't all that bad. Now, first class would have been a plus, but coach was tolerable.
    In loving memory of Casey Edward Falconer
    May 16, 1992-May 9, 2012