Thread: One Six Right

One Six Right

After being bugged by many to go watch the film "One Six Right" I finally did today....

It was THE most amazing film I have ever seen! The film is correctly titled "One Six Right: The Romance of flight" and is a great movie about general aviation, Van Nuys Airport, and just aviation in general. The scenes are stunning, the music is stunning as well, and the entire message was just so amazing. It literally took my breath away.

This is now my favorite movie, ever.

I should also note that the entire movie was shot in HD. it was the first documentary in HD-DVD, and was the first ever independent film released on HD-DVD (they have regular and HD versions)

Have any of you guys seen it?

For any of you who haven't seen it, even if your not into the "little stuff", go and get it!!! I'm not kidding, it is sure to amaze you!

http://www.onesixright.com

Wow...
    nwa FOREVER!

Re: One Six Right

I've never heard of it, but am certainly looking forward to seeing it. Sounds like it's quite a film.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

It is absolutely a great film, I pre-ordered the DVD before it came out back in November of 2005. Brian Terwilliger and his crew did a great job and have received many awards (rightfully so) for this masterpiece...quite a work of art.

Matt, if you liked One Six Right, you might also enjoy One Six Left, the companion DVD with 45 minutes of extra special features.
    Jason
    CFI/CFII
    Part 135 Dispatch

Quote Originally Posted by HPNPilot1200
    It is absolutely a great film, I pre-ordered the DVD before it came out back in November of 2005. Brian Terwilliger and his crew did a great job and have received many awards (rightfully so) for this masterpiece...quite a work of art.

Matt, if you liked One Six Right, you might also enjoy One Six Left, the companion DVD with 45 minutes of extra special features.
    Yeah, I saw that and was thinking about picking it up, maybe if money starts to flow in my direction I will.
    nwa FOREVER!

This is an amazing film that helped to re-ignite my interest in General Aviation. For those who have not seen it, to wet your appetite, go the movie's website link posted by Matt at the start of the thread, then go to video's and select the middle one, "flight". If it does not inspire you then you probably are not a regular visitor to this website and may even be clinically dead. Matt thanks for reminding me about this great film !

Cheers

LGA777

Quote Originally Posted by nwafan20

Yeah, I saw that and was thinking about picking it up, maybe if money starts to flow in my direction I will.
    I haven't seen it yet, but have heard excellent reviews from my flying buddies. Something to save up for I suppose.
    Jason
    CFI/CFII
    Part 135 Dispatch

I haven't seen it yet, but have heard excellent reviews from my flying buddies. Something to save up for I suppose.
    Only problem is I am trying to save up for flight lessons. (in fact, I was starting to think about not taking flight lessons at this time, but this film set me back on track)
    nwa FOREVER!

Only problem is I am trying to save up for flight lessons. (in fact, I was starting to think about not taking flight lessons at this time, but this film set me back on track)
    You have my support, 100% of the way. If you happen to have any questions or are looking for an AOPA Project Pilot mentor I'd be happy to start a discussion via e-mail.
    Jason
    CFI/CFII
    Part 135 Dispatch

It's a great film, and exposes a lot of the world of general aviation. The air-to-air shots were nice, although I wish they had more of those instead of the same ones replayed over and over. Besides that, the soundtrack was phenomenal, and it's just gets better when you watch it on HD-DVD.

You have my support, 100% of the way. If you happen to have any questions or are looking for an AOPA Project Pilot mentor I'd be happy to start a discussion via e-mail.

Jason, not to burst your bubble, but he is out in Detroit.

A great film. I got it from Blockbuster and loved it from the second I saw it.
    "lol retart"

>A great film. I got it from Blockbuster and loved it from the second I saw it,<

Also available from Netflix.

Quote Originally Posted by stuart schechter
    Jason, not to burst your bubble, but he is out in Detroit.
    I'm not quite sure what you mean, Stuart. I mentor a student from Rhode Island, and I live in Connecticut (there's no requirement to live close to the students you mentor). Matt and I followed up via e-mail.

I hope others find inspiration from this film to pursue a passion for flight.
    Jason
    CFI/CFII
    Part 135 Dispatch

[quote="nwafan20"]After being bugged by many to go watch the film "One Six Right" I finally did today....
    It was THE most amazing film I have ever seen! The film is correctly titled "One Six Right: The Romance of flight" and is a great movie about general aviation, Van Nuys Airport, and just aviation in general. The scenes are stunning, the music is stunning as well, and the entire message was just so amazing. It literally took my breath away.

An old post replying to but after some quick spotting at Van Nuys during my recent trip to LA I finally rented the movie from
    Netflix and watched it last night. Just a very cool movie and i love the old pictures amd aerial shots of the airport property and
    how much it has grown. The interviews were quick and to the point and the aerial footage with the music was really nice. Van Nuys is just such a fun airport to hang out in. I mean you can just sit there for hours and not be bored. And I loved the footage of the park/spotting area adjacent to One Six Left. That is just the greatest place to watch the action at without ANY TYPE of hassle. I also liked the blonde Childrens Hospital S-76 pilot. She was quite cute. :D
    Highly recommended for aviation enthusiasts and if you do get out to the LA area it is worth your time to get over to Van Nuys
    and spend some quality time.

[quote="nwafan20"]After being bugged by many to go watch the film "One Six Right" I finally did today....

An old post replying to but after some quick spotting at Van Nuys during my recent trip to LA I finally rented the movie from
    Netflix and watched it last night. Just a very cool movie and i love the old pictures amd aerial shots of the airport property and
    how much it has grown. The interviews were quick and to the point and the aerial footage with the music was really nice. Van Nuys is just such a fun airport to hang out in. I mean you can just sit there for hours and not be bored. And I loved the footage of the park/spotting area adjacent to One Six Left. That is just the greatest place to watch the action at without ANY TYPE of hassle. I also liked the blonde Childrens Hospital S-76 pilot. She was quite cute. :D
    Highly recommended for aviation enthusiasts and if you do get out to the LA area it is worth your time to get over to Van Nuys
    and spend some quality time.