Thread: Airliners.net including Military aircraft, blimps, choppers.

Airliners.net including Military aircraft, blimps, choppers.

Airliners.net including Military aircraft and the such:

I think they and Jetphotos should separate the military, blimps, choppers, balloons and ultra-lights/whirley birds to their own category/page or auxiliary site.

Break it up! The rest of them ARE NOT AIRLINERS!

At this rate why not include parasailing, hang gliding and umbrella jumping.

It's especially stupid seeing any of the undesirables on the front home page. Crazy.

No?
    Then call it airplanes.net
    That can narrow it out a bit. BUT blimps, choppers, balloons, whirley birds, parasailing, hang gliding and umbrella jumping still won't!

I'm done venting now, fire away gridley.
    "my finger on the shutter button, while my eye is over my shoulder"

Re: Airliners.net including Military aircraft, blimps, choppers.

This is something that I have thought a lot about as well. There was a recent debate on the Anet forums where some guy was asking why some hot-air balloon didn't get more than 200 hits. He was very upset, and didn't seem to understand that most people on Airliners.net are there to look at....*big shock*....airliners.

I think that there is enough of an interest in military aircraft to warrant its own site. The other things....not as much.

But then, what do you do about bizjets and general aviation aircraft? They aren't exactly airliners themselves. What exactly would be the line that separates everything? How would it all be categorized?
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

IFP, ISP, JFK, IGM, SAN, VCV, LGA, LAX, SEE, LAS

Interesting thread Mike, what is great about sites like anet and JP is it gives something to everyone. I am not a big military fan but I enjoy some of the pics where others love them and don't care for the commercial stuff. One can also make an argument that a cockpit shots from simulators shouldn't be in the DB. Flight deck shots are always popular and these are not even an aircraft. I have always felt that to get a cockpit shot in you should actually get into a real cockpit.
    'My idea of a good picture is one that's in focus and of a famous person doing something unfamous.' Andy Warhol

I'm not sure what the problem is....both are aviation sites, that's perfectly clear by spending five minutes on each site. balloons, Blimps, gliders, and the like are aviation related machines. Just because they aren't airliners or jets doesn't mean they don't belong or should be moved to another category.

Quote Originally Posted by T-Bird76
    I'm not sure what the problem is....both are aviation sites, that's perfectly clear by spending five minutes on each site. balloons, Blimps, gliders, and the like are aviation related machines. Just because they aren't airliners or jets doesn't mean they don't belong or should be moved to another category.
    Tommy you still sound all worked up from your last Southwest flight, LOL.

That's fine.
    Just re-name them "aviation.net"
    Plus there has been a concern about the capacity of the databases.
    Call me strange but for some silly reason if I visit "airliners" then that is what, and all, I want to see.

Don't mind me, I'm chock full of good ideas since I'm pounding NyQuil- hick!
    "my finger on the shutter button, while my eye is over my shoulder"

Good topic... I think that its OK, that there are not only airliners itself. IMO the name airliners.net is just tradition as it was started with intention to be site for AIRLINERS but as it was growing, people started uploading also military and so on. As for the hand gliding, ... they dont have reg, thats the problem I think. Each blimp, balloon or glider has one. As for simulatros, they dont have reg, but they are pretty much releated with airliners.

Thast just my opinion.

Regards, Keishi

But, then do you do the same thinking with jetphotos.net not uploading anything BUT jets? No prop airliners, etc?
    nwa FOREVER!