Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Local Girls Get Early Christmas Surprise (daddy in a box)

Re: Local Girls Get Early Christmas Surprise (daddy in a box)

Tommy, "attention *****" is an expression....I know it's not the most PC expression to call someone, especially a soldier, but I think you're being a bit over-sensitive. Also, Matt's Admin status is irrelevant. He's entitled to the same opinions that you are, as long as they follow message board protocol. Phil is very opinionated too and doesn't hold back most of his views unless they break the rules of the site.

IFP, ISP, JFK, IGM, SAN, VCV, LGA, LAX, SEE, LAS

Mel is right that attention ***** is an expression but what I think Tommy took offense too is that is just doesn't apply here. Chris Hansen and Nancy Grace are attention *****s. They use themselves and their media outlet to gain attention to themselves and get ratings dollars. This soldier and his family I don't think needed any of this attention and did it as a way to get some nice feelings out there. I really don't see how his length of service or anything else matters. I also feel Matt is reaching a bit with his box analogy. I don't know the specifics but from the video it seemed like a gift for the children for Xmas. Nothing more.
    'My idea of a good picture is one that's in focus and of a famous person doing something unfamous.' Andy Warhol

I'm not saying that this guy WAS an attention *****, but the expression shouldn't ever be considered calling someone else an ACTUAL *****. I also want to reiterate that Matt's Admin status isn't a reason to be censoring him or his opinions....even if someone feels they are disrespective or wrong.

What I still want to know is why people thought it didn't make sense that he would be Delta or SF!

Quote Originally Posted by Mellyrose
    What I still want to know is why people thought it didn't make sense that he would be Delta or SF!
    Sorry, I haven't been on the site in a few days. I didn't know the Special Forces patch was called Delta, unless I'm still mistaken, and he was referring to the unit. Either way, if he was in Delta Force, he would definitely not have done this stunt. Having his name and picture put on the news could get him killed, not to mention his family. He wouldn't be in SF because his MOS wasn't anything that was related to it.

Delta and SF are different....but I think it's feasible that he would do this if he were only SF. It makes sense why he'd be an idiot to do it if he were Delta.

Did they mention his MOS? I only remember them saying he was going to some form of aviation school, which wouldn't indicate his MOS since soldiers go to specialty schools often, especially when they're SF.

I understand that Delta does not have a patch, as it's a unit that they still somewhat deny its existence.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

Quote Originally Posted by Mellyrose
    Delta and SF are different....but I think it's feasible that he would do this if he were only SF. It makes sense why he'd be an idiot to do it if he were Delta.

Did they mention his MOS? I only remember them saying he was going to some form of aviation school, which wouldn't indicate his MOS since soldiers go to specialty schools often, especially when they're SF.
    They didn't mention his name in the article, but I checked an army website and he's a 153A, which is a rotary wing aviator.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil D.
    I understand that Delta does not have a patch, as it's a unit that they still somewhat deny its existence.
    Then Wikipedia has failed me again. They showed a patch on the Delta Force article.

They didn't mention his name in the article, but I checked an army website and he's a 153A, which is a rotary wing aviator.
    If they didn't mention his name, etc...how did you obtain that info? Even if they did mention his name, how would you find that out?

Also, if he were Special Forces, it wouldn't list his newer specialty anywhere. If 153A is in fact his actual MOS, it might be the one he enlisted with, but when you go through selection for SF, you are reassigned and that would definitely not be published information.

Really, we're beating a dead horse. We don't know anything about the guy, it's wrong to assume and we'll never find out unless we ask him. ;)