Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast

Thread: Daily SWF Report 2

Re: Daily SWF Report 2

9/15

An all white MD-80 arrived around 2:05pm this afternoon. I figure the aircraft is probably an ex-Alaska Air operating a prisoner transfer flight.

10/09 - While cruising by the Friday setup for the WWII aircraft showcase around 3pm, Delta 738 in wavy gravy colors was parked adjacent to the "main" tarmac entrance in the back. No activity, at a standstill. For those interested the WWII showcase had a B-17G and B-24J on display and tour, with a C130 also included for kicks.

10/12 - Waiting for parents arrival from ATL when N889NC, a BBJ owned (according to Flightaware) by Wells Fargo Bank Northwest NA Trustee, touches down at 1515. Seems this one has been far and wide from ZRH to PEK.

Quote Originally Posted by mattyry38
    10/12 - Waiting for parents arrival from ATL when N889NC, a BBJ owned (according to Flightaware) by Wells Fargo Bank Northwest NA Trustee, touches down at 1515. Seems this one has been far and wide from ZRH to PEK.
    That's actually News Corp's plane, I guess Wells Fargo holds the loan. I know Rupert Murdoch was in Beijing this past week, maybe he was returning from there.
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

I recently moved up here (just across the river from SWF) and was wondering, no new news for this airport recently? :?:
    FAA Licensed Airframe & Powerplant Mechanic
    Student Pilot

There has not been any significant movements at the airport in the past few months (that I am aware of) but there has been a few ATI DC-8 horse charters and yesterday a Southwest 737-700 and Miami Air 737-400 charter.

12/28/09 approx 4:55pm driving home on I-84 I saw an all white B747-400 departing SWF in a very steep departure climb... looked it up on flight aware, no B747 listed, anyone have any info?
    Student Pilot

Its the UAE's 744.
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

Ahhhh from I-84 I saw what looked like a green white and red flag on the vertical stabilizer, I guess I wasnt wrong after all! Any idea why it was in town?
    Student Pilot

It's an annual trip for those boys. I'm not sure why but it is. Maybe shopping in the "cheap" United States?
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

2/15

If anyone is interested, there is a Ryan 767 due in around 2:00pm from RFD. There should also be the State of Kuwait A320, 9K-AKD, parked somewhere since I haven't seen it leave on Flightaware. It arrived from YVR a few days ago.

Stopped by around 1410L and saw N763BK gliding by the Budget lot & eventually parked/loaded up near the VIP area. Saw several coach buses drop off passengers (assuming cadets?) and taxied via charlie-foxtrot and along 16/34 before cutting off a US RJ with about a 1735L departure.

N407GC, a Gulf IV owned by General Electric arrived from the Bahamas & departed within 40 minutes for KILG, parking near Ryan.

Also 9K-AKD parked adjacent to the Richmor Aviation building with caps on. Not sure how long it's been there.

Somewhat poor quality - merely a 18-55mm and nothing else, but it was good to stop by; chatted with Esther, the 82-year old SWF junkie who (nearly) spots/sits with her lunch on a daily basis at the base of Perimeter Road. I befriended her circa UNGA week, so if you see a little old lady in a silver Camry she's quite the company (in addition to keeping tabs on plane visitors).

Glad you were able to catch the Ryan! It departed to some very random destination in Norway that I have never heard of before.

I was contemplating going out to photograph the arrival, however I'm glad I didn't since the clouds came in and the scheme is pretty bland. I was hoping it would be one of the ex-Delta or ex-Aeromexico birds.

Seems like we have another visitor - an An-124 landed at 1607L on St. Patty's day from TLS as (Polet) POT2011. Anyone have any knowledgeable guesses? Seems like we haven't had any Russian birds up here for quite some time now. May try to stop by later with this awesome light.

Maybe you will have better weather than I did with the Polet AN-124. I always get crappy weather.
    I did get a nose wheel landing :) Shot it in 2004 at SWF.

Senga

NLovis

Senga with his usual stuff. Nice rain shot. :borat: