Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

Thread: Daily SWF Report 2

Re: Daily SWF Report 2

Some tidbits from KSWF -

March 12/13th (aka the Redwood diversion debacle):
    Sunday morning, caught N239JB which was among the last of several diversions to depart following the monsoon.

Saturday April 10th:
    Some C130A activity, 3 departures within 20 minutes

N561JB (10th Anniv. Livery, headed to KFLL)

This came out of right field, as I was getting ready to pack up around 1530L, N311AG - blocked by Gordon P. Getty on FlightAware - came cruising out back from the VIP area and promptly departed (mind the quality, again only with 55mm!). The burgundy pattern on the tail is a little hard to make out, but it's kinda cool up close.

Enjoy,

- Matt R.

traffic two o'clock two miles southbound flight of four C-130s

that C-130 doesn't look like an "A" model. in fact, i doubt any are still flying within the US military. hard to tell from the small pic but it looks like a USMC "R", "T", or "J" model.
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.

Quote Originally Posted by cancidas
    that C-130 doesn't look like an "A" model. in fact, i doubt any are still flying within the US military. hard to tell from the small pic but it looks like a USMC "R", "T", or "J" model.
    Per Scramble, from the tail code (NY-3311) it is a KC-130T, BuNo 163311 assigned to VMGR-452. They are a Marine Reserve refueling unit, stationed at Stewart, not visitors.