Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Banned for Life on A.net & JP.net!

Banned for Life on A.net & JP.net!

Saw this thread over on a.net - they got a heads up from the screeners at jp.net about someone they suspected of uploading altered photos on both sites. After some investigation, both sites have banned the photographer, and removed all his photos from both sites. He uploaded photos to both sites with registrations altered (including false regs!) One blatant example shown in the post below was a Germanwings Airbus, uploaded with the digitally titles removed, with a comment about the "rare photo" of this untitled jet!

http://www.airliners.net/discussions/av ... in/292589/

Good to see the two sites work together on this, and hard to believe someone thought he could get away with such a blatant attempt to upload altered photos.

traffic two o'clock two miles southbound flight of four C-130s

Re: Banned for Life on A.net & JP.net!

what i don't understand is what does someone have to gain from doing this? it's only pictures...
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.

Quote Originally Posted by cancidas
    what i don't understand is what does someone have to gain from doing this? it's only pictures...
    I can only think some sort of notoriety for getting some "so-called rare" pictures - what some people will do for attention..kudos to the a.net and jp.net teams for working so closely together!
    Mark Lawrence - KFLL
    Davie, FL

Community Manager NYCAviation.com
    email: [email protected]

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=1538
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/9633283@N04/

Wow, very nice that A.net and JP.net worked together on this! Shocking, but very cool!

Congrats to both sites on catching this jerk!
    nwa FOREVER!

That is disgusting on their part. Were they investigating this for a while or somthing because I have noticed in particular at JP alot of people getting collared for manipulation lately. Maybe Tommy can shead light.
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

Me like the Robert Downey Jr of cooooooookies!

My jaw dropped when I saw it but I'm thrilled to see both sites work together.

with a comment about the "rare photo"
    Well, you have to admit....it was rare, a real one off!
    :roll:
    And I, I took the path less traveled by
    and that has made all the difference......yet...
    I have a feeling a handle of people are going to be very interested in what I post in the near future.

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=187

Quote Originally Posted by hiss srq
    That is disgusting on their part. Were they investigating this for a while or somthing because I have noticed in particular at JP alot of people getting collared for manipulation lately. Maybe Tommy can shead light.
    Not much to shed light on, the [photographer] manipulated his shots and now he's gone. If you get caught doing it as much as he did your banned. As for letting A.net know, its not a big deal. The entire A.net vs Jp.net debate was carried on by Johan and some small minded people. Most of the screeners know each other and share stories back and forth. Seeing this I hope people can put to rest the BS debate that goes on between each site. You can clearly see that the screeners on both sites have the up most respect for each other and I think this proves it.

We had this one [photographer] upload classic prop liners that he scanned from a freaking book....that was something to see. Another big one is ppl changing dates of planes they've uploaded so they can upload them again, that's easy to catch. Here's the deal..take picture of a plane, if its a good picture upload it and upload it once and don't F%$K around with it.

IFP, ISP, JFK, IGM, SAN, VCV, LGA, LAX, SEE, LAS

Tommy, stealing a pic out of a book is not manipulation. It's plagurism. Changing dates is merely trying to circumvent another rule and would be a double reject and not manipulation.

I also noticed another member of the site was given basically a manipulation rejection. Something about the sky, sounds a lot like over processing and not manupulation. In fact the member of this site asked for clarification and got none. Maybe a direct approach would help better instead of inuendo in the open forum.
    'My idea of a good picture is one that's in focus and of a famous person doing something unfamous.' Andy Warhol

Quote Originally Posted by NIKV69
    Tommy, stealing a pic out of a book is not manipulation. It's plagurism. Changing dates is merely trying to circumvent another rule and would be a double reject and not manipulation.

I also noticed another member of the site was given basically a manipulation rejection. Something about the sky, sounds a lot like over processing and not manupulation. In fact the member of this site asked for clarification and got none. Maybe a direct approach would help better instead of inuendo in the open forum.
    The topic is about manipulation Nick or perhaps you didn't read the thread title and all subject matter is open for discussion. Also please don't tell me what plagiarism is, I'm very clear on what it is. It was an example of what a recent uploader did that can get you banned for life. If your referring to Luke's post recently (Airtrafficontrol). Luke and I IM pretty much daily and discuss his shots. You very well could have responded to his post for calcification. Simply because it hasn't been discussed here in the forum doesn't mean it hasn't been or will be discussed in private. What I referred to in my above post was on point and on topic. If I feel I want to leave it at that, that's my business, I've found discussing topics with you here is truly useless and I have much better things to do with my time. Btw A.net wouldn't have known dick about the photos if it wasn't for the screeners on JP.net that according to you simply know how to hit accpet to every shot, you must be surprised we were able to catch that.

Safe drive to Nevada Nick.

IFP, ISP, JFK, IGM, SAN, VCV, LGA, LAX, SEE, LAS

The topic is about manipulation Nick
    Agreed, manipulation IMO is when you clone out or add things to a picture. In fact doctoring it. I was merely making mention that things that were being dicussed were not manipulation. There are many things that can get you banned for life but I feel bringing up things like stealing someone elses work and fudging dates belong in another thread, and the fact you were making mention of more locals transgressions should be handled in private. I think we all saw how the last situation played out when in fact there was no manipulation whatsoever.

You very well could have responded to his post for calcification
    I considered it but then felt that I was not the one who had rejected this persons work for manipulation when there didn't seem to be. Not to mention my different view of the rejection would just be viewed as an attack since it differed from JPs.

Btw A.net wouldn't have known dick about the photos if it wasn't for the screeners on JP.net that according to you simply know how to hit accpet to every shot, you must be surprised we were able to catch that.
    Not at all I mean the idiot was stupid enough to upload both versions of the manipulated shot. If you want to drag me into a JP vs anet fight that's fine. I had preferred anet over JP for a long time and I never slag JP. If you can't take good natured ribbing well I can't help you but this is America and we are allowed to have our preferences and opinions. Many here have negative feelings and jealousy toward anet and that is fine but to use it as flamebait is old.

Safe drive to Nevada Nick.

'My idea of a good picture is one that's in focus and of a famous person doing something unfamous.' Andy Warhol

Me like the Robert Downey Jr of cooooooookies!

Ladies....

Please

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: You're both beautiful :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
    And I, I took the path less traveled by
    and that has made all the difference......yet...
    I have a feeling a handle of people are going to be very interested in what I post in the near future.

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=187

I considered it but then felt that I was not the one who had rejected this persons work for manipulation when there didn't seem to be. Not to mention my different view of the rejection would just be viewed as an attack since it differed from JPs.
    I to wasn't the one who rejected the photo so I'm losing your point. Btw equalizing a photo in PS does not give you the same results as the screening tools we have and that A.net has so you will never see what we see.

Quote Originally Posted by T-Bird76
    Btw equalizing a photo in PS does not give you the same results as the screening tools we have and that A.net has so you will never see what we see.
    OKAY, now I'm confused....I have seen threads from the moderators of both sites that say they do not have the TIME to look for dustspots other than by eye. That running a photo in another program would be too time consuming, and the ques would back up for weeks. Tommy, are you saying that is not true then?

Secondly, if this is the case, why not have the tecnology available to those who upload so that we can see what the screeners are seeing? This should cut down on "dust spots" "dirty" and "digital mnipulation" submissions by approximately 50%...wouldn't you think?

As horribly wrong as that is, besides the superimposed regis (which look horribly FAKE to me), that guy is very skilled at Photoshop in my opinion. Taking titles off like that and maintaining such texture, etc is not an easy task.

It's a terrible shame that he's wasting his talent on being deceitful.

He's not banned for life, just 47 years, according to the A.net thread title. :)
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9