Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Holiday Party?

Holiday Party?

Has anyone grabbed the bull by the nads and started planning or does anyone have some ideas for it? Midpoint location etc?
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

Re: Holiday Party?

I'm up for a dinner. It sounds biased, but I think a Queens location would be well-centered for our friends.

Any ideas on an eatery that can accommodate that's accessible by both car and mass transit?
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

I'd be down for something. Best weekend for me would be the 15 and 16th. Doesn't matter where for me.

Me like the Robert Downey Jr of cooooooookies!

Don't matter where for us either.

I'd recommend something in Bayside. Many good eats there and accessible to LIRR and subway.

Further, I'd like to recommend a restaurant with muted tones. Something that won't be so loud that you feel like you're working the clubs.
    And I, I took the path less traveled by
    and that has made all the difference......yet...
    I have a feeling a handle of people are going to be very interested in what I post in the near future.

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=187

There are several good spots in Bayside. just let me know which subway goes there and I'm in. :?:

Maybe he means the restaurant Subway? (scratches head)

Me like the Robert Downey Jr of cooooooookies!

Quote Originally Posted by Phil D.
    There are several good spots in Bayside. just let me know which subway goes there and I'm in. :?:
    Actually I meant to say Woodside would be accessible to both. (pardon my euphoric state, just back from the St Johns game)

Bayside/Bell blvd could word buti'd guess you could do the 7 to Flushing, then what? LIRR to Bayside?

I love Forest Hills but can't think of suitable restaurants there.

Here's a random thought......just a thought.....

Figs at LGA?
    And I, I took the path less traveled by
    and that has made all the difference......yet...
    I have a feeling a handle of people are going to be very interested in what I post in the near future.

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=187

I honestly wish Figs was a little nicer in terms of decor. I don't think it's a great place to have an event.

Getting to Bayside from the 7 would require a 30+minute ride on the Q13/16/28.

Woodside has a lot of Irish bars, but I'm not too familiar with their restaurants. I'm up for whatever, as long as time and wallet allow.

donovan's at bayside :borat:

Def not Figs, even though the food is good and the views are great, you have to pay for parking at LGA and its not an event kind of place.

Could we possibly do it the Week after the 14-15, and i mean the 22-23? Even remotely possible?
    "lol retart"

The 22-23 weekend does not work for me. :(

Within earshot of MD-80s who don't "Over fly Prospect Park to the extent practical"

Bayside is very accessible by LIRR...trains every half hour from Penn Station, and the fare is only $3 on the weekend. If people know a good place near the LIRR station (41st Ave near Bell Blvd), that's probably a good option.

The only place I can think of in Forest Hills that I'd expect to accomodate a big group is Santa Fe Steakhouse. It's on 70th Rd between Austin St and Queens Blvd. I ate there once; the food wasn't bad. Not terrific, but not bad. Very easy to get to no matter your mode of transportation.

I just think that we should look at places more accessible by subways, considering that most people coming from Long Island will be coming in vehicles, and the people depending on public transportation will likely be closer to subways than LIRR.

Like Phil said, not to be biased, but Astoria really is a very good central location. It's right off the Grand Central/BQE/Queensboro Bridge/Triboro Bridge....so pretty much anyone coming from any direction can get there easily.

I know of several restaurants that can accommodate larger parties and have very good reviews. Once we have a count on approximately how many people and a location, I could start looking into this.

22-23 is not good for me, 15-16 would work. Of course, I'm partial to LI being I live the farthest out, but, depending the day & location, I would be up for the drive.