Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Delta New Colors/Winglet Census

Delta New Colors/Winglet Census

The other day I thought I saw a DL 738 at JFK with winglets in the Deltaflot scheme. I didn't know there was one like this.

Does anyone know how many of each aircraft type are in the new colors, and how many of each have winglets?
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

Re: Delta New Colors/Winglet Census

The only Delta 737-800 that has winglets so far that I know of is N3744F but its in the New colors though. I did see a picture On one of the threads of N3744F in the Delta hanger in Atlanta and recieve the winglets while in the Deltaflot colors. But they painted the plane after the winglets were installed from what I believe.
    Sergio has been a huge Delta Air Lines fan since 1992!!

Sergio Cardona

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos....e=1&display=15

that's what I thought. I wasn't believing my eyes when I saw it, but i keep looking and it seemed to be a 737 in Deltaflot colors.

Chris W posted a pic of an old color scheme with winglets - there is one around....
    Mark Lawrence - KFLL
    Davie, FL

Community Manager NYCAviation.com
    email: [email protected]

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=1538
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/9633283@N04/

Yes, there are one or two 73H's flying around in old colors (you probably saw N3758Y). The original plan was to paint them as the winglets were installed but corporate wanted the entire Song brand wiped out before the end of the year. They're churning Song planes through bays 11 and 12 at the rate of 2-4 per week (or off-site contractors - I believe we're painting birds at VCV as well). The green birds will be history in a matter of weeks.

The only new colors 73H is N3744F, correct. As for an entire census, there is a makeshift one going on over at A.net and another at JP.net. They tend to lag behind in terms of accuracy though. For the most part, they're correct.

N710TW (winglets) and N721TW (without winglets) are on site now as well. 721TW will be sent down to Lake City, FL for winglet installation shortly. The 737 winglet installations are being done on site by Delta AMTs.

After reading this post this morning, just to mention that when I went to JFK this evening I spotted the Delta 737-800 N3758Y with the winglets. I had no Idea that another DL 737-800 has winglets until I got there and saw it parked at terminal 2. Heres the picture I took there.

This must be the plane Phil saw here.
    Sergio has been a huge Delta Air Lines fan since 1992!!

Sergio Cardona

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos....e=1&display=15

Most likely, yes. Currently the 73Hs are operating JFK-SFO/PHX/SLC runs mostly. Winglets are being installed on the 737-832s once every two weeks.

Thanks for the input, Chris. Mind helping me on a few more questions? :oops:

Are all of Delta's 737-800s 832s? Or did they get some from other airlines as well?

Delta is still flying 737-300s throughout the system, right? Will these be receiving winglets at any point?

Are any non-TWA 757s going to be receiving winglets?

Phil,

Don't mention it. :-)
    Are all of Delta's 737-800s 832s? Or did they get some from other airlines as well?
    Yes, they're all factory-delivered -832s. The 73Gs coming online next year will be -732s, the 777s will be -232LRs, etc.
    Delta is still flying 737-300s throughout the system, right? Will these be receiving winglets at any point?
    Negative. The 737-300s (some of which were ex-Western, among the first delivered) were retired back in 2006 alongside their 737-200Adv bretheren. The only thing that remains of the fleet type are three flight simulators.
    Are any non-TWA 757s going to be receiving winglets?
    No plans for this as yet. The only types in Delta's fleet receiving winglets are the 757-2Q8s (in-progress), 737-832s (in-progess), 737-732s, and the 767-332ERs.

On a related note, APB has approached us and American to provide a 777-200ER for winglet test and evaluation purposes, but we have not agreed to anything yet. AA would likely be the source of a test frame since theirs aren't stretched to the limit like our fleet is.

Chris in ATL

Pretty funny I am reading this thread at work and seeing it for the first time and right after I started looked up to see N703TW Winglets/NC touch down right in front of me on 31. About 40 mins earlier N6714Q former Song scheme also landed on 31 now in NC, my 1st sighting of this one. Chris W I read somewhere there are two contract paint lines at VCW doing exclusively former Song 757's. I had not heard that DL Mgmt wanted all Song aircraft repainted by years end, but sounds very wise to avoid customer confuson, as the word Delta is knowhere on these aircraft. They also now visit a lot of markets where Song did not fly just adding to the confusion for some. For example on my last visit to my wife's home airport of SDQ back in July, the JFK DL 757 turn was operated by a former Song aircraft. SDQ has a large enclosed viewing area, and part of Dominican culture is often the whole family goes to the airport to see off or greet a travelling family member. When the Song scheme taxied by the viewing area even though they where speaking Spanish it seemed no one (over 100 people) knew it was the Delta flight to New York their loved one was on and what airline was "Song" ?

Cheers

LGA777

PS a third NC DL 757 just landed, N6704Z, another very recently repainted forner Song bird, and first time I have seen 3 here at once !

Correct - there are paint lines going on VCV. They're really cycling these birds through respray quickly. Any new colors census would no doubt be inaccurate the moment I posted it. N710TW is being painted as we speak. I saw the AA paint being stripped off this morning.

Back on topic - there are two more 737-800s on the mod line as of this morning. Unfortunately I didn't catch their regs.

Any idea when we'll see winglets on those 767s?

Not yet, no. But trust me and my Canon will be ALL OVER that bird. Hopefully I can beat Gus to it!

Yeah, you better have a tent setup outside the hangar!

LOL! How the hell are you man?