Thread: LGA-CLT-FAY-CLT-LGA mini-report

LGA-CLT-FAY-CLT-LGA mini-report

No real trip report to....report, but I wanted to share what I saw on my weekend trip to Fayetteville, NC during my layover in Charlotte!

PSA was nice enough to be on the taxiway greeting me as soon as I touched down
    Capital Cargo International 727
    Steelers Scheme
    Panthers Scheme
    US 757 new colors with winglets (this is a first for me for any 757!)
    Star Alliance CRJ
    US 737 (400? I couldn't tell...it was behind me in line for take-off) new colors
    US A330 (!!!) new colors (I know the folks in Philly and Charlotte are like, ZZzzzzZzz to this, but it was REALLY cool for me :))
    Jack Roush 727 (several of them)...thanks to Ryan for helping me identify what these were
    UPS DC-8 (woohoo!)
    About a dozen C-17s by the Air National Guard Hangar

Also, bonus was a random Ted flying out early Friday morning from LGA.

I should mention that I flew on US A321s going and coming...I was assigned an exit row seat (22F) on my way, and there's about 6 feet of legroom, but NO WINDOW, so I asked to be switched. I won't sacrifice a view for any amount of legroom. Nosiree.

Re: LGA-CLT-FAY-CLT-LGA mini-report

Hey Mell,

There are 3 Jack Roush 727-100s based at CLT. Two of them are flying and one sitting midfield without engines.
    Your C-17s are C-130s from NC ANG :)
    And last Friday I was lucky enough to fly from CLT to IAD on Carolina Panters aircraft :)

Rafal
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Its basic economics, I don't understand it at all..." - Randy Marsh, South Park, CO

Got any shots?
    Senga

Ohp, sorry about the C-17/130 mixup. I was on the other side of the plane and was guessing. All I know is that I saw a bunch of them.

Senga, unfortunately, I didn't get any shots. I was running from Concourse B to Concourse E to catch a flight (with 3 bags) and once in Concourse E there was nothing exciting to see (express terminal). Also, once on the plane and taxiing when I saw most of these things, my camera was stowed above me because I was sitting bulkhead on a CRJ-200 and the FA wouldn't let me keep it out. :(

Too bad. It was a beautiful morning. When I came back through last night it was too dark to get any shots, but I did try.

For me, an A330 is nothing to snore about. Though I frequent PHL and see them a bit, I love the look of them .:)

Yeah Fayetteville! What did you think of the FAY terminal improvements? I'm headed down there myself for Christmas. Did you stay by Haymount?
    "I can't wait until tomorrow, cause I get better looking everyday"
    --Joe Namath

Glad you enjoyed the trip and glad I could help ya out there with the 727's! :borat:
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

Quote Originally Posted by RDU-JFK
    Yeah Fayetteville! What did you think of the FAY terminal improvements? I'm headed down there myself for Christmas. Did you stay by Haymount?
    There were terminal improvements? haha! Can I tell everyone that the only notable thing about FAY, was that when I got to the security area, I thought I was at the wrong place! The glass was closed….and then I noticed a “Closed – Will return at 5:25pm” sign (I’m NOT kidding). It looked just like this:

It might as well have been a “GONE FISHIN’” sign.

When they finally returned, I was slightly panicked, since my flight was at 6pm (at this point delayed until 6:17pm) but they told me that they didn’t board until about 5-10 minutes before departure (huh?).

Matt, I didn’t stay in Haymount area…I was out in Raeford. Though, I’m not sure if you knew this, I used to live right downtown on Hay Street, above Rude Awakening Coffee Shop. It was the loft apartment with the purple windows. Look for it next time you’re around!

I won't sacrifice a view for any amount of legroom. Nosiree.
    I hear you!

I understand your panic. I do that if I am not at the gate before they start boarding. That is very funny about the sign.
    In loving memory of Casey Edward Falconer
    May 16, 1992-May 9, 2012

Yeah, the Berry Terminal in DTW uses one of those signs too! Only charters and a few sched. (USA 3000, etc.) depart from there, so it is rarely open. Sort of funny to see actually.
    nwa FOREVER!