Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Etihad A340-600 Accident in TLS

Etihad A340-600 Accident in TLS

Don't have any pictures, too dark right now.

It was on a high power run and somehow the aircraft rolled into a cement wall. The aircraft has broken into at least two section per people on scene.

Re: Etihad A340-600 Accident in TLS

Airbus A340 involved in ground collision during engine testing
    11.15.07, 1:00 PM ET

PARIS (Thomson Financial) - An Airbus aircraft was involved in a collision on the ground during engine testing this afternoon.

The four engine A340-600 destined for Etihad Airways was involved in the collision at around 5pm Toulouse time, a spokeswoman for the EADS unit said.

The accident took place on Airbus land at Toulouse Blagnac, adjacent to the city's airport, the spokewoman said.

The spokeswoman was not able to confirm reports of injuries among the people on board the aircraft.
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

traffic two o'clock two miles southbound flight of four C-130s

wow. was it the airplane in this picture: [airlinerstp://www.airliners.net/open.file/1292105/L/[/airlinersbottom right corner of the pic...
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.

What's the deal with 346's and accidents lately? First the incident in QTO and now this in TLS....makes you sorta wonder.

AP reports 5 injuries to people on board.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

http://www.flightglobal.com/blogs/fligh ... amage.html

HOLY MOLY! :shock: The aircraft is definitely a write-off. The front section has been completely severed from the rest of the aircraft and I'd imagine there was quite a bit of warping and stress in all parts of the fuselage. The photo at the bottom of the link shows the extent of the damage. Talk about a bad week for Airbus.

traffic two o'clock two miles southbound flight of four C-130s

WOW!! that airplane is done for, probably going to be the #2 A346 scrapped. i'm sure airbus will have to pay for all of that as it hasn't been delivered to ETIHAD yet.
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.

Holy ****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

Another bad week for Airbus.

Quote Originally Posted by lijk604
    Another bad week for Airbus.
    Every week is bad for Airbus if you are a share holder.
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

Seriously, I hope no one was badly hurt.

Where the PARK routing crosses the Expressway Visual 31

Well, if the issue in Quito was that there's no repair facility close at hand... :> I wonder how much of this aircraft is going to wind up "recycled" further down the 346 line.

Quote Originally Posted by Mateo
    Well, if the issue in Quito was that there's no repair facility close at hand... :> I wonder how much of this aircraft is going to wind up "recycled" further down the 346 line.
    Initial Airbus AIRTEC (AOG Center) assessment said the airframe is a total loss. Etihad will be an A340 short for at least 16 months per Airbus' current back log, unless they found another airline or lessor that is willing to give up an A330\A340 production slot.

Just based on my previous experience with a similar incident:

As for "recycling", if it is considered a "total loss", the airframe will be paid for by Airbus' insurance co at the insured value, the insurance co will then auction off the wreckage. Airbus will properbaly not use any part of it for another new aircraft, since they are not authorized to use any "used" parts per their manufacturing authority. Totaled engines will be treated the same as the airframe, damaged engines will get a full tear down, any parts found damaged during detail inspection will be paid for by RR's insurance, to a total limit of 1/2 of the catalog price of the complete engine (typical for Airline insurance), then a total loss will be declared, very likly most of the inspected engine parts will be reinstroduced into the spares market via third party. The cabin furnishing provided (seats, galleys, and IFE system, purchased by Eithad and installed on the aircraft) is approximately $10M, Airbus' insurance company will not consider that as a loss and either sue Etihad to take them back or Airbus may take the responsibility, selling them as an used surplus package and buy all new equipment to be install on the replacement airframe.

Heres My ?

Who's safety record does this go under? Etihad or Airbus themselves. Not to start an A v B war but didn't they damage the airframe that would become AA 587?

Whats with the A346? :( And normally bad things happen in threes so now I wonder whats next? :(
    -Bobby Catone

ALL views, opinions expressed are mine ONLY and are NOT representative of those shared by Southwest Airlines Co.

So whose job was it to check the parking brakes??? :oops:
    Overheard on JFK TOWER - S Turns are fine, U-Turns are bad....