Thread: Gas Station Ghost: What do you think it is?

Gas Station Ghost: What do you think it is?

When I first saw this story on TV, I wasn't quite sure what it was. Now that I've watched the YouTube version that revealed it was there for half an hour, it confirms my initial hypothesis that it's a blue piece of lint. I think it was some kind of blue lint that was stuck to the lens of the camera for that half hour and was very close to the camera while it was moving which is why it's so unfocused. It appears as if it was on that car's windshield, but I think it just happened to be on that part of lens that made it seem like it was on the windshield, when it was actually on the lens. Wind blew it around and made it look like it was floating, and it just finally blew it off the lens at the end.

What's your hypothesis?

[youtubetp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kE_C1FXRo20[/youtube

Re: Gas Station Ghost: What do you think it is?

I think your lint thing is possible. It must be some kind of debris.
    nwa FOREVER!

traffic two o'clock two miles southbound flight of four C-130s

laser pointer.
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.

A laser pointer? I don't know if anyone with a laser pointer has a hand that steady.

Not sure why it is blue, but it is obviously a bug of some sort. I monitor CCTV at my job and have seen hundreds of bugs on our cameras. It is always funny to watch. But based on the way it moves I would say it is a bug.

Corey

So what makes the lint move?!

I wouldn't mind supporting its a Ghost. I have had my fair experience of them to make me believe.

Alex
    www.southwest.com Bags Fly Free. Anytime, Anywhere on Southwest Airlines. Share the LUV!

Quote Originally Posted by Alex T
    So what makes the lint move?!

I wouldn't mind supporting its a Ghost. I have had my fair experience of them to make me believe.

Alex
    Oh, well there is this very interesting thing. It has the power to move even houses if it gets strong enough, it's name? The wind ;)
    nwa FOREVER!

Well, the way I am reading it as described by you guys is that the lint is stuck INSIDE the camera lens area, the rubber part surrounding the lens. Unless the wind was direct on to the lens the lint would not be able to move in that type of fashion.

Thats why I am thinking well HOW is it moving then? Even if it was a random lint floating around how does it manage to stay inside the lens focus all the time until it disappears?

Alex
    www.southwest.com Bags Fly Free. Anytime, Anywhere on Southwest Airlines. Share the LUV!