Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Orlando (MCO) Airbus A380 shots. First FL arrival.

traffic two o'clock two miles southbound flight of four C-130s

Re: Orland (MCO) Airbus A380 shots. First FL arrival.

wow, the ARFF in MCO has thier own airstairs. strange. you don't see that very often.
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.

Senga, just saw your shots, awesome job ! In the second and third landing shots looks like a close call with the sun, aircraft is brightly lit yet most of airport appears to be in the shade, sometimes you get lucky ! Looked like a pretty small group actually onboard the aircraft, if so better for you ? Again great job and looks like you had a lot of fun and good luck !

Cheers

LGA777

Ron,
    Wow you are right.I didn't notice the shadows that blanketed the ground behind the A380. In that respect I was VERY lucky!..We were also lucky because about 20 mins after the plane parked a small broken cloud layer parked it self west of the airport and casted shadow killing any decent shots for the rest of the evening basically. When the sun appeared again it was sunset and the giant Continental Hangar started creeping accross the tarmac towards the A380 and eventually engulfing it in darkness too. The most annoying part was the Falconjet that was taxiing right in front of us right when the A380 was about to touch down. I sure have a few words for that pilot. Luckily the A380 didn't touch down until after it passed the Falconjet. Unfortunately people further down the line were not as lucky.
    Yes there was a small group there. They had is in groups of 7 no more than a handful of groups. We almost had the aircraft to ourselves.

Senga

Terminal "A" parking deck, level four:

Flickr photoset: http://www.flickr.com/photos/atlaviatio ... 221396582/

Good times. Great shots, Senga!

Nice shots Chris,
    I see the Sun was out after all depsite what the TAF was saying for MCO.
    Runway 18R departure? How much runway did it use?

I know how you feel about unwanted vehicle in your shots. Just as the A380 was landing in front of where I was a &$%@ falcon jet slowed down and blocked the shots where the plane was right in front of me. AMAZING.
    Senga

Me like the Robert Downey Jr of cooooooookies!

NIce pics y'all!
    And I, I took the path less traveled by
    and that has made all the difference......yet...
    I have a feeling a handle of people are going to be very interested in what I post in the near future.

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=187

Looks like MCO-ers cover the A380 completely now. Arrival, departure inside/outside tour. Way to go team!
    Senga

I am still in awe with that A380. Such an amazing aircraft!
    In loving memory of Casey Edward Falconer
    May 16, 1992-May 9, 2012

Quote Originally Posted by cancidas
    wow, the ARFF in MCO has thier own airstairs. strange. you don't see that very often.
    That, and a huge mobile command center, and hazmat rigs, oh, and jet skis too. Pretty solid ARFF operation they have going on at MCO, great group of guys too.
    Worry is a sustained form of fear, caused by indecision.

Quote Originally Posted by SengaB
    Nice shots Chris,
    I see the Sun was out after all depsite what the TAF was saying for MCO.
    Runway 18R departure? How much runway did it use?

I know how you feel about unwanted vehicle in your shots. Just as the A380 was landing in front of where I was a &$%@ falcon jet slowed down and blocked the shots where the plane was right in front of me. AMAZING.
    Senga
    Senga,

The amazing part about it was how quiet she is. The 757 that departed in front of her was more audible. She rotated not even half-way down 18R - my guess is she wasn't even close to being fully loaded. My dad and I really enjoyed seeing her. He hadn't experienced anything like this at MCO since the dual AF/BA Concorde landings (and I was just a little kid then) on 18L/R.

The only negative point about it all was I think the City could have done more for the general public. There were people swarming the fences trying to get a decent look at this bird.

BTW - did you go over to the 17/35 side of the airfield when that BA new colors 747-400 landed (G-VROY)? There were quite a few folks over there after the A380 landed snappin' pics.

Chris in ATL