Thread: Continental's 757-200s

Continental's 757-200s

According to Seatguru, CO's 752s are now all in the same configuration with the BusinessFirst seats, AVOD in premium cabin and, presumably, the winglets. Anyone know if this is true? If so, this would mean that when the 752s fly shorter routes (which they still do, even though many are on transatlantic) premium pax get treated to a nicer service than what the competition is likely offering. (BTW the 753s do NOT have these upgrades)

Re: Continental's 757-200s

I had heard that they just started the AVOD installs in economy. The entire fleet is already wingleted. COA is set to receive 30 something 737NG's in the next year and will pull the 752's from most domestic routes is the rumour.

Thanks for that, cool they are putting the AVOD in economy too. Will make CO's 75s more competitive with other transatlantic IFE product and make 6 hour flights on a single-aisle aircraft a bit more bearable. Would be nice if they put it on the NGs too, at least in markets where there is also Virgin America or JetBlue service, but guess this is not in the works.

It actually angers me how the legacies, with the exception of Delta, fail to recognize the competitive advantage of personal IFE systems on long domestic flights.
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9