Thread: Light Twin over NYC

traffic two o'clock two miles southbound flight of four C-130s

Light Twin over NYC

during the hour or so i was able to spend in my neighborhood today i noticed a white twin prop flying around in strange patterns. it looked like it was heading to LGA, though could have just been transient through the airspace. now that i'm at work staring at my PASSUR screen i see a N110DS flying LGA-RYY. this thing is doing 340 kts, so it's got to be a jet.

so now the question is, what did i see this morning? could that have been a mitsubishi MU-2? the airplane i saw was a twin prop, center mounted wings. anyone here know the type? the one i saw looked a little like a Dornier, 228 but i've yet to see
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.

Re: Light Twin over NYC

N110DS is a Mitsubishi MU-300 Diamond...according to a photo on JPnet it is owned by televangelist Pat Robertson.
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

Re: Light Twin over NYC

>during the hour or so i was able to spend in my neighborhood today i noticed a white twin prop flying around in strange patterns. <

Govt boys? Homeland Security, Customs or Justice (FBI) dept? I know Justice/FBI do use
    fixed wings sometimes around here.