Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: JFK - Burger King 11/04

Re: JFK - Burger King 11/04

I thought of staying at that hotel next to BK last time I came to NY and was wondering - what if I was staying there, taking pictures in the car park, and PD came along and asked me to leave - what does being a resident of the hotel bring up?
    Mark Lawrence - KFLL
    Davie, FL

Community Manager NYCAviation.com
    email: [email protected]

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=1538
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/9633283@N04/

That is a good question. I wonder. As long as you get permission from the manager of the hotel, you should be immune to police dismissal.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

Quote Originally Posted by NIKV69
    However, if we are customers of an establishment and not doing anything illegal, I think that us leaving the premises is really up to management.
    Not exactly Phil. If say for the sake of argument that the person or persons in the motel overlooking the lot get nervous from our actions and call. If local LO makes a decision we can stay that is great but if like in this situation he either doesn't want to deal with it or is a hard on and tells us to leave he is the final say not the property owner. Whether we are patrons or not.
    Nick I thought you said you were leaving this website...interesting. But since you appear to continue let me say...you have not clue what your talking about. If a property owner gives you permission to use his property for use and that use is legal the Police cannot tell you to leave, its that simple. Argue as much as you like but Nick your wrong. Its like a cop telling me what I'm allowed and not allowed to do with my own property..its called private property for a reason Nick.

IFP, ISP, JFK, IGM, SAN, VCV, LGA, LAX, SEE, LAS

Nick I thought you said you were leaving this website
    I believe I said I wasn't going to post much but that is ok, I kind of remember hearing you say shooting in the firestone lot sucked but afer a few months then I heard you saying you found the spot and it was great. Cue the Hillary flip flop meter.

If a property owner gives you permission to use his property for use and that use is legal the Police cannot tell you to leave,
    No kidding, but I doubt BK had any idea what was happening. This is just spin. Merley buying a soda or food doesn't give you free reign in a parking lot to do whatever you want. If someone from the motel or another patron is being made uncomfortable by your actions and a PO says to leave you are leaving. Maybe we can all ask permission from all the establishments that own the parking lots we shoot in? Then we can tell the police we have right to be there. That should go over big. Fact is no matter how you feel about the cop he was in the right. He got a call and he had to do something about it. You may have not liked it but that is the way it is. You are going to exploit the notion that since BK themselves didn't call then it's alright to be there? You all are making a huge assumption. In this instance BK was prob oblivious to what was happening.

I thought of staying at that hotel next to BK last time I came to NY and was wondering - what if I was staying there, taking pictures in the car park, and PD came along and asked me to leave - what does being a resident of the hotel bring up?
    If you have permission from the hotel to shoot then it doesn't matter if you are staying there or not. You can shoot on it's property. Totally different from what happened at BK.
    'My idea of a good picture is one that's in focus and of a famous person doing something unfamous.' Andy Warhol

You're right in the sense that unless the manager did express permission for you to be there, that we have to listen to the police. I agree with that. If we don't get/seek that permission, we must leave if told to by police.

I'm sorry to hear about your experience on Sunday.
    I was at BK a couple days before and fortunatly didn't have any problems.
    From other post for this fourm, when a cop takes your info down does he just check your past info or do they make a note in their system under your name about what happened?
    Patrick O --- Staten Island, NY

wow Nick you just totally spun what you orginall said........

he is the final say not the property owner. Whether we are patrons or not.
    I think you need to clarify yourself....Are you saying...

1. If we have permission from the property owner the police still have the final say over the owner's decission even though what we are doing is perfectly legal?

2. The Police DO NOT have the right to ask us to leave?

Just answer with either of the above choices, 1 or 2, it’s that simple. That's what the discussion is if they have the right or not when we have permission from the owner. Don't complicate the discussion, don't spin it the discussion simple give a clear answer.

You also said you were done with the site John Kerry...

Ladies, you're all beautiful! (Mario impersonation)

Clinton and Kerry references....this is getting serious! haha

Though words came out differently, I think we're all actually in agreement.

Diet Dr. Pepper DOES taste just like regular Dr. Pepper.

IFP, ISP, JFK, IGM, SAN, VCV, LGA, LAX, SEE, LAS

Diet Dr. Pepper DOES taste just like regular
    Dr. Pepper.
    Of course it does, because DP gets that awesome taste
    from caffeine and not sugar. How I miss it.

Now on to Mr. Alfano

Tommy everyone here knows that if you have permission
    from a property owned you can do whatever you like as
    long as you are within the law. Yet did this happen in
    this case? See a major problem here is that people
    can't stay on topic. If we stick to Steven's incident
    you stating the obvious really has no business in this
    thread.

If Steven had permission from the management of this
    BK that is one thing(buying food there does not
    count). He did not so he was in the back shooting
    without permission. If an officer responding to a call
    asks him to leave(even after the first officers were
    nice) he should leave. BK never should enter in the
    equation. Why this got spun is beyond me but if you
    stick to the facts I can't see arguing or even
    contacting his superior. We got into this discussion
    after the Costco incident in which you seemed to think
    that the manager couldn't ask us to leave unless he
    did the same thing to the fisherman. Again total fantasy.
    'My idea of a good picture is one that's in focus and of a famous person doing something unfamous.' Andy Warhol

I didn't ask for permission mainly because of the really lousy service I got while in BK ordering for my food (had three young kids cut in front of me... didn't say anything because I didn't want one of them pulling a gun out and shooting me) as well as waiting a looooong time for my order, with them SKIPPING my order and the people behind me receiving theirs well before I got mine.

I will be back at that spot the next time I spot at Kennedy - you can count on that! NCPD has yet to see the last of me - in fact, they do not have any of my information down so it's not like I'm red flagged from them or anything of that matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Holzinger
    I didn't want one of them pulling a gun out and shooting me.
    And this is relevant?

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Holzinger
    I will be back at that spot the next time I spot at Kennedy - you can count on that! NCPD has yet to see the last of me - in fact, they do not have any of my information down so it's not like I'm red flagged from them or anything of that matter.
    Yes, you against them.... Kill it for all of us. If you give them attitude they'll respond to all spotters with attitude. Be smart and courteous.

Don't worry Steve, it's rare that NCPD gives anyone a hard time about spotting. Hope to see you the next time you're out this way.

Time to lock the thread.