Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Police Exams

Re: Police Exams

Quote Originally Posted by fdx924
    They lowered the salary by $8K because the police union got greedy and sacrificed new recruit salaries for sargent salaries
    Plus remember time counts toward other Depts.

But SCPD was offering 65K+ with no experience. You didn't even need a degree. All you needed to do was take the exam.

I have taken the NYPD, PAPD, and TBTA exams. All of these exams are relatively easy, they act more as an elimination tool for the truly clueless. As of now, I am still under consideration for the next PAPD class. I'm really hoping I get it, as the pay is great, and I might get paid to patrol JFK/LGA/EWR:)

Me like the Robert Downey Jr of cooooooookies!

You know, what kinds of questions are on these tests? Are that that difficult?
    And I, I took the path less traveled by
    and that has made all the difference......yet...
    I have a feeling a handle of people are going to be very interested in what I post in the near future.

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=187

"If two corners on one side of a city block are 300 feet apart, how many feet would you have traveled if you ran around the block?"
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

One (short) section of the NJ exam I took showed you a map of a fictional small town, with a couple of places marked and some one-way streets. Questions asked about the shortest way to get from one place to another, or what directions you should follow. It felt like something I'd done in first grade.
    Phil Gengler - NYCA's "other Phil"

I am now also looking at the PAPD. Family I did not know about. ;) Anyway the NYPD exam is in a few weeks. We shall see where it goes. My girlfriend does not appear to be too thrilled about it though which leaves me to question at this time if it is the best idea.
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

IFP, ISP, JFK, IGM, SAN, VCV, LGA, LAX, SEE, LAS

Unfortunately, NYPD recruiting is even more desperate than it was when I took it. With a starting salary of $27,100, start saving now. Although, coming from the airline industry, it's probably a lateral move financially.
    Good point, unless you get on with SCPD your basically going to be risking your life for the same money if you go with NYPD.

Law enoforcement is a great career choice but you have to weigh many things. Salary, pension, where you would be working. Won't hurt to take the tests. You always have the option later.
    'My idea of a good picture is one that's in focus and of a famous person doing something unfamous.' Andy Warhol

The next Nassau and Suffolk exams are not untill 2011 or 2012 so for now I have to settle for what I can get and than move laterally.
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

Got an 85 on suffolk, not quite good enough. Just took NYSP, need to brush up on my math. I'm looking into Police Jobs outside of NY also, I'll have my A&P and acft maintenance experience.

Take the tests. You can always decide later if you want it or not.
    "The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.' "
    Ronald Reagan