CO is celebrating the 10th anniversary of its international expansion at EWR, and tonight there was a reception for CO's corporate clients. Interestingly, the event was co-sponsored by Boeing and was also intended to sort of introduce CO's 787, although not alot was said about it perhaps because of the program delays. There was however a model on display, a few words from Boeing's Sales VP Ray Conner on the special nature of the relationship between the companies, and a business card drawing to win a ride on CO's first Dreamliner from Seattle to IAH (which I sadly did not win). Larry Kellner also spoke and pointed out that CO serves more international destinations than any other US airline (with more to come) and considers itself the NY area's largest airline given that they serve more destinations nonstop from the NY area than anyone else. Nothing earth shattering here, but some interesting points to think about re CO's commitment to the NY market especially in terms of longhaul business travel (many of the guests were from financial institutions, media companies and other large users of international premium cabin). The impression was given that most of CO's 25 787s coming from 2009-2013 (they are still apparently working with this schedule) will be deployed from EWR on new nonstops to global cities (eg in Asia, Middle East, etc.) including some not currently served by CO. Since I was there just thought y'all might find this interesting. BTW there were some celebrity guests, including Steve Schirripa (a/k/a Bobby Bacala, I guess as a cultural icon of New Jersey) who hosted the presentations and entertainment, and Peter Max who unveiled a new poster he's done for CO. Sorry folks but no word of a Peter Max 787 to come!