Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: UAL 747 @ EWR 10/25

UAL 747 @ EWR 10/25

Giants charter to London arrived from Chicago on this lovely day. Scheduled to depart after 6 so light will be even worse. I imagine it will come back late Sunday night and possibly leave Monday morning. If anyone is interested in joining me, I will likely go for it again if this is true.

Bill

Re: UAL 747 @ EWR 10/25

Nice shots Bill! Great to see UAL heavy metal in these parts again. Giants must be doing well to charter an entire 747.

Great pics, but a bit surprised they chartered from UA. Does anyone know if that's who the Giants usually fly? Looks like it's filed as UAL9905 to LHR at 603p. Dolphins are apparently going to LGW with NW (on 742 - see other thread), as NW does not operate at Heathrow.

Quote Originally Posted by T-Bird76
    Nice shots Bill! Great to see UAL heavy metal in these parts again. Giants must be doing well to charter an entire 747.
    That is a great sight, Bill. Tommy, since they are going over for Sunday's game, they probably have a big crowd - 50+ players, plus coaches, and other staff (trainers, equipment people, etc.) Also, since this game is in London, they are allowing many family members along as well, and I could imagine some front office personnel who don't normally travel with the team, so I can see where they could have a big crowd. And don't forget - this is the NFL, so yes, they are doing well!

Senior Member AirtrafficController's Avatar

Great shots as always Bill. Cool to see a UA 744 in new colors in the NYC airports.
    Aspires to become an Air Traffic Controller at Kennedy Tower.
    http://web01.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=31094

Within earshot of MD-80s who don't "Over fly Prospect Park to the extent practical"

5-2?? I'd say they're doing pretty well!

Great catch, although I have to say the 744 looked better in United's gray scheme than it does in the new colors.

Quote Originally Posted by Nonstop2AUH
    Great pics, but a bit surprised they chartered from UA. Does anyone know if that's who the Giants usually fly? Looks like it's filed as UAL9905 to LHR at 603p. Dolphins are apparently going to LGW with NW (on 742 - see other thread), as NW does not operate at Heathrow.
    The Giants have ben chartering with UAL for years now. When I worked for them back in the 90's they were flying all the Giants charters then. They were the carrier that flew them to their 2 Super Bowls.

Great shots Bill!! The Dolphins have the NWA 742 and there is an Omni DC-10 going to Gatwick from FLL as well - maybe a supporters club going as well.
    Mark Lawrence - KFLL
    Davie, FL

Community Manager NYCAviation.com
    email: [email protected]

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=1538
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/9633283@N04/

Great visitor! I remember one day I was at Costco with Tom Turner and we saw one come in. A great surprise!
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

Great catch, Bill. As the other said it is great seeing United heavy metal back in the area especially at EWR!

Did she park at Terminal A?

Quote Originally Posted by Phil D.
    Great visitor! I remember one day I was at Costco with Tom Turner and we saw one come in. A great surprise!
    Phil, I like your memory here better than the reality, but actually it was yourself and Art that day. :D I was sorry to have missed it.

Good to see UA 747 back at EWR again though. I thought about trying to grab it today, but it seemed likely to be extremely overcast. Judging from Bill's pictures, not as bad as I had imagined.

Bill -- If its back daytime on Monday, I'll definitely want to make an effort at shoot it.

Tom
    "Keep 'em Flying"

Thanks guys, the Giants usually fly on a 763 so this was quite the upgrade. I think Moose hit it right on the head about the need for it. I bet this plane is pretty full going over there, especially with all the equipment that they need to bring since the stadium they're playing in isn't a normal NFL game ready field.
    Gordon, it parked on the UPS line actually. Most of the time the charters park at the gates or on the Wilbur hardstand which is the area where Continental parks most of their widebodies next to UPS/Terminal A. Tom, I'll call you Sunday when there should be an idea about a time of return.

Bill

Yummy shots :)

I do no undertand why American sports Teams are going out of ther US to play games. Bill explained it to me but ti sitll doesn't make sense.

Senga

Quote Originally Posted by adam613
    5-2?? I'd say they're doing pretty well!

Great catch, although I have to say the 744 looked better in United's gray scheme than it does in the new colors.
    Im with Adam on this one. Great shots, always love seeing them from that angle, but I would perfer Old Colors.

...I need to get out to LAX

Wow, beautiful shots! That United bird sure does look nice.
    Nick S. @ EWR