Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone see the pilot iphone commercial?

Anyone see the pilot iphone commercial?

Has anyone here seen it?
    don't have a link but go to youtube and search bryce iphone.

Re: Anyone see the pilot iphone commercial?

Yeah, I have seen it a few times. I get a kick out of it.
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

I've seen it, it's BS!
    "I pulled up the radar on my phone, saw the rain had stopped, and called my dispatcher, who got us out right away."
    RIIIIGHT....now every knucklehead with an iPhone will try that when they are stuck on the tarmac somewhere and told that the delay is due to weather.

Yeah that is total BS....have any of you seen dispatch rooms for major airlines? They have radar screens at every terminal and on screens around the room. I guess somehow his airline missed the front moving through. That commercial is very misleading to poeple IMO.

Ya I saw it also myself.

I did laugh and go and what pilot is going to actually pull his phone out, an Iphone no less...to check the radar and stuff when dispatcher would have the information first I would think.

Alex
    www.southwest.com Bags Fly Free. Anytime, Anywhere on Southwest Airlines. Share the LUV!

traffic two o'clock two miles southbound flight of four C-130s

Quote Originally Posted by lijk604
    I've seen it, it's BS!
    "I pulled up the radar on my phone, saw the rain had stopped, and called my dispatcher, who got us out right away."
    RIIIIGHT....now every knucklehead with an iPhone will try that when they are stuck on the tarmac somewhere and told that the delay is due to weather.
    there needs to be a clause banning that in the pax bill of rights!
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.

My question is who... who in their right mind that is involved in the industry uses weather.com's radar!

bs? uhoh all of you are about to look shameful....I actually used to fly with bryce....next time you catch a shot of a UAL 767 zoom into the windows.....bs, you guys make me laugh.....that guy has more aviation history in his blood than anyone I personally know...but I could be wrong right? After all I am the conspiracy theorist,the crazy one, but just to make sure we're talking about the right guy...because I usually do just blow this stuff out of my ass...stay tuned for the next post.

Shock and awe...shock and awe.

Me like the Robert Downey Jr of cooooooookies!

No one here claims to be an aviation guru, least of all, me. I joined anet some years ago to expand my knowledge. Joined this site to meet some new friends with like interests.

Personally, I saw the commercial last night with my wife and wondered
    "So let me get this straight... this guy's dispatch can't get the wx info correct but his iphone can? Interesting advertisement."

I am in total shock and awe,...., in the sophomoric arrogance of your post. I'm in shock, in awe and I wonder what issues you have to even write that up. Did that just boost your ego for the week?

I am so lost. Perhaps I am missing something?

:oops:
    And I, I took the path less traveled by
    and that has made all the difference......yet...
    I have a feeling a handle of people are going to be very interested in what I post in the near future.

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=187

It seems like an interesting commercial. It shows the technological capability of the phone and the cool visual effects that is has.

There is nothing wrong with the sorry, but I just don't think that the iPhone is what got them flying. I just see it as a slight exaggeration.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

He also builds his own aircraft:

Oh yea, his grandpa is a tuskegee airman

United has 460 aircraft and over 8000 pilots.With all the flights they have calling dispatch, a minimum of two times per flight, dont you think they wouldnt have time to monitor the weather for each flight they have? Bryce said he whipped out his hone and saw that the weather had passed and they were able to punch out.

My ego thats it...or was it the ones who put up the bs flag?
    Oh yes my ego....and i do get higher and higher every week. on sunday i ws at 41000, cant beat that!

Someone has a crush. :lol: :twisted:
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

I'm still waiting for the shock and awe...

Me like the Robert Downey Jr of cooooooookies!

With all the flights they have calling dispatch, a minimum of two times per flight, dont you think they wouldnt have time to monitor the weather for each flight they have?

Informant, understand that I don't know. I've no clue. In fact, I just saw the commercial, made no remark of your friend and simply concluded that the ad was a tad unrealistic. I've not an iota of how airline ops run but that ad lends the false impression that if EVERY pilot had an iphone, suddenly there might be no delays. That, in my opinion, is not bs but a touch unrealistic.

My ego thats it...or was it the ones who put up the bs flag?

You take that up with whomever you hold your quarrel with.

I still think that perhaps (I may be wrong) there is a ego issue there or perhaps you have issues with the site or other members here. Why?

You first post was "has anyone seen it" only to jump on their opinions with comments such as:

"bs, you guys make me laugh...because I usually do just blow this stuff out of my ass...stay tuned for the next post..." Then you talk about the crazy one, and conspiracy theories. What was that all about? The only other thread I recall was about 747s and weight and all I did was clarify what you were trying to explain.
    Seemed like a simply clearing up was needed, nothing about crazy or conspiracy.

But HOPEFULLY I am wrong. I probably am.

on sunday i ws at 41000, cant beat that!

I'm sorry...but for you to mention that on 10/24, of all days, I can beat that.

58500 and what a wonderful trip it was.
    And I, I took the path less traveled by
    and that has made all the difference......yet...
    I have a feeling a handle of people are going to be very interested in what I post in the near future.

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=187

Informant, I think you should speak with pictures as you are misunderstood less that way....Chuckle chuckle wink wink!

I had the pleasure of meeting his dad and it was a complete honor. You show some really nice toys in those shots... The Tomcat model and the others. Sorry to hear about your problem of getting high tho ;) .

Thanks for the eye candy :borat:

P.S. You should keep off the sweet air when in the right seat...never know when the pilot needs to take a leak (another joke!....do not want you to think I am jabbing you) :mrgreen: <-me green with envy!
    The three most common expressions in aviation are, "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" and "Oh Crap".