Thread: Storms

Storms

Unbelievable storms we are getting recently and yesterday was another. Didnt realize how bad it was
    until I saw all the flooding by the LIRR when we got into Nassau County. It wasnt that bad in the city. And my wife told me it was incredible. I believe it was something like 2 inches of rain in 90 minutes or something like that. My oldest son was driving down from school in New Hampshire and a 4 hour drive turned into a 7 hour plus nightmare!!!
    And today is gorgeous (the usual pattern). Standing in my driveway at 9AM getting the paper and saw a USCG Jayhawk about 5000 feet heading NE bound. Looked like it had the extra fuel tank hooked up to it.
    Enjoy the BEAUTIFUL weekend all.

Re: Storms

Oh yeah...the storms played havoc with the air traffic..I was delayed out of BUF for two hours and another two hours in BWI and that two hours were sitting on the dam taxiway waiting to leave. My two flights were really ruff, I left my stomach somewhere back on final to BWI.

Along with your manhood right Tommy? :twisted: On topic now, yes, that weather played hell with us at LGA yesterday. At one point just to give you an idea the ends of 31/13 and 22 were invisible to us upstairs. All you could see was beacons, strobes of aircraft when they took the active or were landing and the centerline lights on the taxiways that were close to us.
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

Yesterday afternoon I was standing at the departure level of T4 and could barely see the T4 ramp control tower, much less the JFK Control Tower level a few floors higher.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

My company "picked the wrong day" to be a HPN. Had -5- different aircraft "airborne hold" between 10-30 mins airborne for a break in the fog to land. All 5 did get in to HPN, but not without a few extra radio calls advising of "the plan". Fun, fun, fun.