Thread: 2 Plane Collision @ LHR

2 Plane Collision @ LHR

Hey Guys:

Just saw on CBS that 2 planes collided@ LHR It was a Sri Lanka A343 and a BA 744- apparently the BA 744 lost an engine. Hopefully no casualties.
    -Bobby Catone

ALL views, opinions expressed are mine ONLY and are NOT representative of those shared by Southwest Airlines Co.

Re: 2 Plane Colision @ LHR

Apparently the British Airways 747-400 and Sri Lankan A340-300 clipped each other while on the taxiway. No reports of injuries.

Two aircraft collide at Heathrow
    BBC breaking news graphic
    Two aircraft have collided while taxiing on the ground at Heathrow Airport in West London.

It is understood that one is a British Airways Boeing 747 and the other is a Sri Lankan Airbus A340 jet.

The London Fire Brigade has confirmed that no-one has been injured in the incident which happened at 2213 BST.

The brigade said that one aircraft clipped the other but there were no reports of fire and neither plane sustained any damage.

Re: 2 Plane Collision @ LHR

I saw the video and the 747's winglet was definitely chopped off.

Two aircraft in minor collision at Heathrow

British Airways has opened an investigation after two aircraft were involved in a "minor collision" at Heathrow Airport in London.

A Sri Lankan Air Line A340 collided with British Airways (BA) Boeing 747 while both were taxing at around 10.20 last night according to an airport spokesman.

"Heathrow Airport can confirm that two aircraft were involved in an incident on the ground" the spokesman said. "There are no reported injuries."

The spokesman said engineers were inspecting the aircraft to ascertain the damage.

"This was a low-speed taxi-way contact at the wing tips of the planes. Our aircraft returned to its stand and the passengers were offloaded," the spokesman added.

http://www.ireland.com/newspaper/breaki ... aking3.htm
    See:
    My photos at Jetphotos.net
    Joop Stroes @ Jetphotos
    My photos at Airliners.net
    Joop Stroes @ Airliners.net