Thread: New official NYC tourism promotion video - What do you think

New official NYC tourism promotion video - What do you think

Here is the new video created by NYC & Company to promote NYC around the world; the "This is New York City" campaign was introduced yesterday by Mayor Mike and tourism officials as reported in the Times and other local media outlets. Apparently this will air as a TV spot in key foreign markets like the UK.

http://www.nycvisit.com/video/

Thoughts? Comments?

Re: New official NYC tourism promotion video - What do you think

I like it a lot.
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

That's a great ad! I think all the elements of it work well together. If I was an out of towner it certainly would garner my interest in coming to NYC.

Glad you like it. As both an NYC & Co. member and someone who was born here, I think it captures the look and feel of our city and its vast diversity in a way that will appeal to many potential visitors. Tourism here is quite strong, but the global market is getting extremely competitive and especially with foreigners who spend the most money, we can't passively rely on the historical popularity of NYC to keep 'em coming. Other US destinations like Las Vegas and global ones such as Dubai have emerged in recent years, spending an awful lot of money on tourism promotion, and while on the face of it they are not comparable to NY, if you put yourself in the mindset of, say, a European or Asian tourist thinking about where to go 'on holiday,' they are competitive. As the organization has been frustrating for me to deal with as a member, I am quite pleased to say that I am a bit proud of this effort from NYC & Co.

I LOVE it. It reminds me why I always wanted to live here. Sadly, with all of the hustle bustle of life, sometimes I take it for granted.

I guess I am the odd man out on this one. I am not too big on it. I do not like all the cartoonish animation of it. It will do but I think it could be less cartoonish.
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

Quote Originally Posted by hiss srq
    I guess I am the odd man out on this one. I am not too big on it. I do not like all the cartoonish animation of it. It will do but I think it could be less cartoonish.
    Ryan it has the Muppets in it! The law of human kind says that anything involving the Muppets must be awesome, there for it is awesome!

Those aren't Muppets, those are puppets from the show Avenue Q, which is like an R-rated version of the Muppets. :)
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

traffic two o'clock two miles southbound flight of four C-130s

it definately is creative, though i do have to disagree with tommy regarding the muppets.
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.