Thread: Rotorfest O7 At AHM In Pa.

Rotorfest O7 At AHM In Pa.

They always have this during a weekend when I'm busy but I know a few people who gone to this
    event in the past and they totally enjoyed it.
    At the American Helicopter Museum in Pennsylvania which I did visit two years ago when my
    oldest son was playing in an ice hockey tournament nearby. Pretty cool facility.

Http://www.helicoptermuseum.org/

traffic two o'clock two miles southbound flight of four C-130s

Re: Rotorfest O7 At AHM In Pa.

wanted to go, missed it as i was recovering from my week in cali. there's always next year!
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.

Quote Originally Posted by cancidas
    wanted to go, missed it as i was recovering from my week in cali. there's always next year!
    You didn't miss it - it's this coming weekend.
    http://www.helicoptermuseum.org/Even...asp?EventID=17

I'm thinking of heading out, if the weather's any good (looks like a crapshoot at this point). Is the show any good for photography, or is set up into the sun?
    Phil Gengler - NYCA's "other Phil"

Quote Originally Posted by moose135
    Quote Originally Posted by cancidas
    You didn't miss it - it's this coming weekend.
    http://www.helicoptermuseum.org/Even...asp?EventID=17
    oh. well in any case, all my vacation time is gone until february. :cry: :cry:
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.

You're into the sun the entire day but you're so close to the action, so it pretty much cancels itself out. I hope to be there on Sunday and hope some of you can make it too!

Matt, I feel a swap coming on man! ;)
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

Where the PARK routing crosses the Expressway Visual 31

You face SSE during the show, but you're close enough to feel the rotorwash! Admission is $10, but you get access to the museum as well, and that's usually $6. I went last year and had a good time - I'd go again this year, but I can't justify the 300-mi round trip for what's a relatively small show. If you're thinking about going, it's always worth doing at least once (plus you can stand 10 feet behind the airboss if you want).

Found these already up from todays show.....

http://www.phlairline.com/spotter/101307.html

Its a very cool show if you like helicopters. By the end of the day you can get shots easily (sun-wise), but with just a bit of lens, you can easily shoot perpendicular to the show line, so don't let the sun stop you from attending this show in the future.

I couldn't make it today or yesterday, so I missed getting the Chinook (seems I am forever shooting the Navy frog choppers instead (which are often mistaken for Chinooks..).

Does anyone if there are Chinooks at Bradley?.. I thought I remember seeing them there once before.

Tom
    "Keep 'em Flying"

i don't think there are any up there tom, though i've seen them a few times at FOK.

TI couldn't make it today or yesterday, so I missed getting the Chinook (seems I am forever shooting he Navy frog choppers instead (which are often mistaken for Chinooks..).

I am determined to get over there to see one of these shows SOON!!!!!!! Unfortunately with
    the kids and sports it really is difficult. But next year with my other son in college and my
    daughter finished with travel soccer it is a real possibility. Lots of hotels around and very
    easy to access by car from the city/LI/NJ.

>Does anyone if there are Chinooks at Bradley?.. I thought I remember seeing them there once before. <

I think the Mass. Natl Guard may fly them or they are flying out of Westover Air Base by
    Springfield. Couple of years ago leaving a hockey tourney and two flew over us into
    Westover.

More pictures that also answer the question about the suns position.

http://www.flyawayphotos.com/rotorfest_2007.htm