Thread: Hornets and a C-40 clipper

Hornets and a C-40 clipper

Here's a two parter.

First, I got to see the hornet flyover for the Yankee game. Did they come into LGA, or does anyone have any info if they are there.

Second, about 20 minutes before I saw the hornets I saw a C-40 banking over towards LGA, he was too high to be landing though. I had my camera with the 100-400L that's the only way I knew what it was.
    Scott Snorteland
    http://www.srsimages.com

Re: Hornets and a C-40 clipper

The SAM flight landed here at LGA on 22 and shortly there after departed. The Hornets remain and should be departing tomorrow afternoon. I do not have a ETD. The C40 was origionally in the arrival pattern for 31 and due to a serious wind change that forced 3 concecutive missed approaches and an AA MD-80 to nearly go off the end of the runway after landing everything was climbed to 3,000 feet and sent over to 22 for landing from that point on. Pretty wild actually.
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

traffic two o'clock two miles southbound flight of four C-130s

are you sure you saw a C-40A in USN colors? the only such movement we had was the USAF C-40C that came in on 22 and departed 13. sure was pretty, but was blue.
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.

No the C-40 was not Navy. It was the AF. That's the one you got at LGA. It just seemed realy high though until Ryan explained. It makes sense now.

Thanks for the info on the hornets and keep us posted as far as departure times. Did you get a peek at what squadron they were?
    Scott Snorteland
    http://www.srsimages.com

Callsign was Felix on them if that helps. I generally do not have a chance to check out the squadron. Same pair of birds that flew the show at Yankee Stadium though a month ago. No ETD for them but I am sure by the time I am in the tower they will be gone though because I do not come in untill 1630 Local.
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

Where the PARK routing crosses the Expressway Visual 31

Callsign FELIX = VFA-31 Tomcatters from Oceana.

I had heard the Hornets are scheduled to leave LGA at 2100 lcl Monday night.

Cheers

LGA777

There's another Yankees game tonight at 7:30. Maybe another flyover?
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

traffic two o'clock two miles southbound flight of four C-130s

the two hornets roared off of 31 around 1320 today. was a nice sight from my perspective, the sound definately reminded me of airshow weekend...
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.

I agree with Matt, Airshow loud, nice departure. And another C-40C in SAM colors landed on 22 around 1555.

LGA777