Thread: Clothes call dings Southwest, again

Clothes call dings Southwest, again

Southwest Airlines created a public uproar, then issued a public apology last month after crew members told a young San Diego woman that her miniskirt and tank top weren't appropriate attire. The message to employees from Southwest president Colleen Barrett: We're not the fashion police.

Oops, they did it again.

On Sunday, Joe Winiecki of Largo was sitting in the last row of a Southwest jet in Columbus, Ohio, ready to take off for Tampa when an airline supervisor instructed him to change his sexually suggestive T-shirt, turn it inside-out or get off the plane.

http://www.sptimes.com/2007/10/05/Busin ... s_So.shtml
    "The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.' "
    Ronald Reagan

Within earshot of MD-80s who don't "Over fly Prospect Park to the extent practical"

Re: Clothes call dings Southwest, again

You know, of all the airlines, Southwest is probably the one I would LEAST expect this sort of behavior from...

This clothes thing is being so blown outta proportion. So what if SW enforces a dress code, or refuses service to passengers deemed "unfit" for flight? The fact remains that Southwest offers a great product at a great price... This "dress code" isn't going to stop anyone from flying on Southwest... If saving $100+ on a RT flight means a person might have to wear something a little more conservative, they will do it.. It's a non-issue to 99% of pax, except those who feel like they need to push the limits...

Here is what I don't get...

I have asked people to change their clothes or had a supervisor do it for me. They didn't make the news!!

I had a Girl , grogeous woman, but wore literally NOTHING on board, her skirt was so short, and her dress really revealed her boobs, and it was almost gross.

Sup was called and they told her to change her shirt or not board. She looked absolutely embaressed and thanked us for letting her know she was more revealing then she meant.

I don't recall this making the news.

Restaurents will not servce you if your not wearing a shirt, or shoes, just like WN doesn't accept lewd type of shirts.

I am willing to bet this happens on every airline its just because they flew on WN they have to speak up about it.

Alex
    www.southwest.com Bags Fly Free. Anytime, Anywhere on Southwest Airlines. Share the LUV!

traffic two o'clock two miles southbound flight of four C-130s

this isn't a WN issue, it's a people issue. people take for granted that they can wear whatever they want. they forget that airlines are private companies than can if they choose to enfore a dress code. walking on an airplane nearly naked is not proper behavior, especially for adults.
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex T
    I had a Girl , grogeous woman, but wore literally NOTHING on board, her skirt was so short, and her dress really revealed her boobs, and it was almost gross.
    Alex
    I just don't understand how you managed to put this sentence together and ending it with word 'gross'
    I wish I had woman like that seating next to me on my flights instead of gross smelly people.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Its basic economics, I don't understand it at all..." - Randy Marsh, South Park, CO

Quote Originally Posted by tipek
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex T
    Alex
    I just don't understand how you managed to put this sentence together and ending it with word 'gross'
    I wish I had woman like that seating next to me on my flights instead of gross smelly people.
    It was done inappropiatly, and wasn't done in a tasteful manner and I said ALMOST Gross ;)

To be honest, I view woman who is fully clothed, as more sexy then boobs hanging out of their shirt and skirts up to the va jay jay, and all. It just shows a respectfulness for me..

But this is not for me to explain my taste in woman, we each have our own tastes.

Alex
    www.southwest.com Bags Fly Free. Anytime, Anywhere on Southwest Airlines. Share the LUV!