Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Quotes From the Blue Angels' SF Visit

Quotes From the Blue Angels' SF Visit

I got all of these from the SFGate's message board about the Blue Angels' annual visit. Unbelievable!

I am trying to work here, and the noise of the militarization of our society is completely distracting and intrusive. Quit glorifying the murderers.
    Hate the noise. Hate that they are allowed to take precedence over everyone else's priorities, and for no good reason. Hate that the city willingly allows an event that is so completely unnecessary and still so dangerous, with the potential for a really catastrophic accident. Judging from the comments here, some people who like them seem to be getting an unhealthy pleasure from vicariously being inconsiderate towards the whole city, which is what the racket is. Weird.
    I'm so freakin' sick of the Blue Angels! Nobody wants to hear what millions of people have heard in their final seconds of life. These are war machines pure and simple. There is nothing exciting about them. They remind me of when we used to watch Saddam Hussein stand out on his balcony and shoot machine guns in the air! The Bay Area is a peaceful, anti-war part of the country. If they must fly their killing machines over a city, let it be some back-water hick town that might find them the slightest bit exciting!
    Too much noise. Too much wasted fuel. Way to insanely dangerous to being flying over a populated city. The rah rah would be over fast if they took out half of mongomery street. Just stupid.
    Yeah, they are a recruiting and propaganda tool...and a really good reminder of what it might be like if those jets were dropping missiles and machine gun fire in a war...couldn't happen here in God's country of course - we are God's blessed little retarded children who have nothing to fear and the world revolves around our petty appetites and I still like the roar of the noise and the acrobatics amidst the cynicism.
    Yikes - they're some real nutjobs out west! But, from all accounts - a majority of San Franciscans love the Blue Angels. Still, the bad apples would like to ruin the fun for everyone, though.

Re: Quotes From the Blue Angels' SF Visit

Yeah but having an S&M parade and being sponsored by Miller Brewing is ok. They can have SF.

Not surprised I wonder if one of those quotes is the Mayor of SanFran. Its one of America's best cities but its been run almost as its own country for awhile now and the leadership of the city has basically thumbed its nose at American ideals.

Nauseating but not surprising. There would be similar sentiments if they visited NYC.
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

Quote Originally Posted by GothamSpotter
    Nauseating but not surprising. There would be similar sentiments if they visited NYC.
    Actually, Newsday published a few letters to the editor with similar remarks. Given we are in the middle of an unpopular war, I'm not surprised by the wide variety of feelings.

Matt is right, it truly nauseates me.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

Within earshot of MD-80s who don't "Over fly Prospect Park to the extent practical"

Quote Originally Posted by moose135
    Actually, Newsday published a few letters to the editor with similar remarks. Given we are in the middle of an unpopular war, I'm not surprised by the wide variety of feelings.
    I'm actually kinda surprised about that. I always got the sense that New York had figured out the difference between being anti-war and anti-military more so than San Francisco.

A word to the wise...keep it under your hat...no one is to know...

SF is anti-war AND anti-military. Make no mistake. They're still living in the clouded, delusional world of the 60's. Typical and disturbing.
    R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    #DeleteThePickleSmoocher
    LETS GO CAPS!
    [URL]http://www.sopicturethis.net[/URL]

SF is one of those places that kind of makes you very anxious for the big one to hit out there already. Or at least me. I cannot stand many people from that area and I do not enjoy the city either way.
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

Quote Originally Posted by adam613
    Quote Originally Posted by moose135
    I'm actually kinda surprised about that. I always got the sense that New York had figured out the difference between being anti-war and anti-military more so than San Francisco.
    I don't think there's any doubt about that.. (more so than San Francisco that is..), but remember New York City - under Mayor David Dinkins - was the one community actually "lobbying" to lose a Navy Base. And, of course that "effort" succeeded.

But NYC is not really anti-military as a whole. We're pretty diverse.

Tom
    "Keep 'em Flying"

Quote Originally Posted by hiss srq
    SF is one of those places that kind of makes you very anxious for the big one to hit out there already. Or at least me. I cannot stand many people from that area and I do not enjoy the city either way.
    Yes, Ryan, they should all die. :roll:
    "Keep 'em Flying"

Hey, it's simple. They don't like war or the military? Then we build a wall around SF so that "those" people cannot enter OUR country. A$$holes!

I thought about this earlier and how it applied to NYers...

I think the clear distinction is that most New Yorkers, even though they may be anti-war, aren't anti-military... I know many, many NYers who are completely against the war, and even though don't truly understand military service, still hold a belief that signing up to defend your country is a noble thing... The people in San Fran - at least the ones they interviewed - are not just anti-war but anti-military and have a misguided sense of reality...

There is a reason why NY is really the center of the universe, and San Fran is not... It's because as a populous we are so diverse, we are educated, and the majority of us (except those living in the Village and Williamsburg (not true NYers though)) are in touch with reality. Even though we may all have different views about worldly events and happenings, we can still agree to disagree and work past that to better ourselves...

Quote Originally Posted by lijk604
    Hey, it's simple. They don't like war or the military? Then we build a wall around SF so that "those" people cannot enter OUR country. A$$holes!
    Yeah, they better learn to like war...those a$$holes...
    "Keep 'em Flying"

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Turner
    Quote Originally Posted by lijk604
    Yeah, they better learn to like war...those a$$holes...
    Funny how you look at something after you write it and think, That really didn't come out the way I meant. :oops:

My point was, whether you like it or not, personally I don't, we are in a war. We need to SUPPORT our troops, and not bash them for what they are being ORDERED to do. The Military, well, that's a necessary evil, always has been, always will. If you do not have someone to defend your country, you will not have one for long.