Thread: Delta Starts SLK, PBG, Expands BGR

Delta Starts SLK, PBG, Expands BGR

This slipped by it would seem, announced on 10/2/07.

Delta Continues Northeast Expansion Connecting Regional Business Markets with Boston and Beyond
    New service in Saranac Lake, N.Y and Plattsburgh, N.Y., connects customers to Boston and more than 30 destinations

BOSTON, Oct. 2, 2007 – Delta Air Lines (NYSE: DAL) will offer customers in Saranac Lake, N.Y. and Plattsburgh, N.Y. increased choice and convenience in air travel this fall with new nonstop service to Boston. The new service will provide passengers with competitively priced connecting opportunities to more than 100 daily Delta, Delta Connection® carrier and Delta Shuttle departures to more than 30 cities.

“As Boston’s largest carrier in terms of flights and destinations, Delta is pleased to continue expanding the choices offered to our customers by launching this service between Boston and Saranac Lake and Plattsburgh.” said David Bishko, Delta’s staff vice president – Alliances.

Delta Connection carrier Big Sky Airlines will operate the new service using the 19-seat Beechcraft 1900D aircraft, featuring stand-up cabins. Customers in these cities will enjoy:

Three round-trip flights between Boston and Saranac Lake, effective October 31st*
    Three round-trip flights between Boston and Plattsburgh, effective October 31st*

”Big Sky is excited to continue its expansion in the Northeast as part of the Delta connection family”, said Fred deLeeuw, Big Sky President. “As we grow with Delta, we reaffirm our commitment to providing customers with the same safe, reliable service Big Sky has been known over its 29 years of operation.”

In addition to the new service to Saranac Lake and Plattsburgh, Big Sky also will expand from four to six the number of daily flights it operates for Delta between Boston and Bangor, Maine. The new Bangor flights will complement Delta’s comprehensive schedules at Bangor, including daily nonstop flights to its largest hubs in Atlanta and Cincinnati.
    Featuring stand-up cabins? That's slightly humerous, eh? Good news for the folks up in SLK and PBG though!

Press release: http://news.delta.com/article_displa...ticle_id=10869

Where the PARK routing crosses the Expressway Visual 31

Re: Delta Starts SLK, PBG, Expands BGR

Commutair, opf Continental, gave up the EAS contract to serve those two cities. Big Sky picked it up, hence DL gets to crow about it.

W00t! Does anyone fly NYC-SLK or PBG?
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

Quote Originally Posted by GothamSpotter
    W00t! Does anyone fly NYC-SLK or PBG?
    Yes, the deer, racoons, and moose. I think the B1900 have more capcity then the city has people.. How this is even news is beyond me?

Ha. What I meant was is there any service on those routes?
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

Quote Originally Posted by T-Bird76
    Yes, the deer, racoons, and moose. I think the B1900 have more capcity then the city has people.. How this is even news is beyond me?
    I don't think I could fit my antlers in a B1900

Where the PARK routing crosses the Expressway Visual 31

Commutair has had the EAS contract at SLK for a very long time. At least a few years ago, the flight went something like EWR-BGM-SLK-PLB, but the most recent contract provided service to ALB and BOS. Back in the late 80s, Brockway flew the 1900C non-stop from EWR, and in early 1989, or so, I was on a SF340 (in Piedmont c/s, I believe!), that went EWR-ALB-SLK-PLB-BTV. SLK was an on-demand stop - if there were no pax ticketed to or from, they didn't land! When we did land in Saranac Lake, it was a single engine turn. The Saab parked, shut the left engine only, dropped me off, and taxiied away.