Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: You're NOT so Favorites and why

You're NOT so Favorites and why

Ok this one is about you're not so favorite travel partner, airlines, hotel's, car rental companies, w/e it may be as long as it has to do with travel. This one can cause some sparks to please refrain from telling one "You're stupid." This is not a debatable thread. Please use some real facts on why you don't like company....A. B. or C.

Airlines

jetBlue

-One word....Delays.
    -T6 has no climate control, it’s hot in the summer..freezing cold in the winter and its dirty.
    -Bathrooms in T6 are very dirty.
    -JFK ground staff aren't friendly and don't like to be asked a question.
    -True Blue is HORRIBLE. Points expire and the system does not work well if the majority of you're flights are short haul. I flew the same amount of legs with B6 as I did with WN and got zero free travel and two free tickets with WN.
    -No travel partners with True Blue.
    -No codeshares
    -No free drinks
    -Boarding process when a flight is running late comes down to "everyone get on."
    -No buy on board, one can get tired of blue chips on you're way to Long Beach after three hours.
    -Long Beach is not a good alternative to LAX, perhaps Orange County but not LA.
    -One fare to choose from, business travel sometimes needs a refundable anytime ticket.
    -No pillows and blankets.
    -Back four rows have overhead space used to store snacks.

Northwest

-Lack of service from NYC.
    -Poor connecting point gets affected by winter weather far too much.
    -MEM hub is old and lacks modern comforts of more up to date hubs.
    -Tight legroom.
    -Small overhead space.
    -FFP program is confusing.
    -Website is not easy to Navigate.
    -Route network does not benefit me at all.

Delta (sorry Chris, you will have to show me the light ;)
    -Atlanta is much too big and it takes far to long to go from concourse to concourse.
    -ATL Shops and restaurants seem spread out, a central shopping area would be nice.
    -Poor signage throughout ATL and roadways.
    -NYC Terminals are old and lack the comforts of the new terminals.
    -Cabin comfort isn't up to par with AA, WN, UAL, or CO.

Hotels

Best Western Group
    -Poor customer service.
    -Dirty hotels.
    -Points program never posts you're points unless you call and complain
    -Many hotels look nice on their website but when you get there its a surprise.
    -Rates are high for what you get.

Choice Hotels group (Clarions, Comfort Inn's, Sleep Inn's etc)
    -Very hard beds.
    -Points don't post correctly.
    -Hotel chain has no real identity between brands.
    -Many locations don't seem to be in safe areas or give the appearance of being safe.
    -I can never get a good wireless signal in their hotels.

Car Rental's

Budget
    -Rude CSR's
    -They take forever to do you're paperwork.
    -You have to give a blood sample to rent a car. (Not really but it seems they want a life history) They just ask you way to many questions as to why you're renting.
    -Lost reservations.
    -Broken cars, I think brakes should be a standard feature of a rental car.

Re: You're NOT so Favorites and why

AA: Sardine can MD-80s.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

DELTA:
    Crap service in my experience - in all my times flying them, I have never had a good experience
    ATL hub way too busy
    Connection carriers suck even worse - constantly rated the worst in the industry.
    Not many flights out of DTW
    Frequent Flyer Miles program the WORST I have seen - You have to fight tooth and nail to redeem rewards.
    nwa FOREVER!

Airlines

Northwest
    -Terrible customer service skills
    -Does not connect in convient places for me
    -bad interriors
    -IFE (what IFE?)

Southwest
    -No first class
    -No meal service on any flights (where as legacey carriers do on some)
    -No assinged seating
    -Hot chicks in short skirts cannot fly them

Spirit
    -Flight attendants have huge egos
    -poor customer service
    -delay prone
    -FLL is a zoo

Hotels

Clarion hotels and all related
    -Terrible locations
    -bad customer service
    -Poor condition of hotels
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

Airports:
    LGW - excessively high usage fees when compared to LHR. A traveler can expect to pay a total of $87.82 in usage fees when traveling to/from LGW by the latest numbers for September '07. LHR's total is a mere $9.79 (note the use of facts in my reasoning).

Southwest:
    -No assigned seating.
    -Have to drive over an hour to fly with them which, to me, defeats the entire point of flying.
    Enough Said.
    In loving memory of Casey Edward Falconer
    May 16, 1992-May 9, 2012

Quote Originally Posted by JetBlueAirwaysFan
    Southwest:
    -No assigned seating.
    -Have to drive over an hour to fly with them which, to me, defeats the entire point of flying.
    Enough Said.
    Dude, I have to fly 2 HOURS to reach ANY AIRLINE at a major airport, STL. I'd love to only have to drive for an hour.

As for me..

Phil, Don't Kill me..

but its ATA.

Now..I only had one flight with them, just to let people know, so I certainly won't judge them totally, but just stating the facts of what happened.

ATA
    -IFE was not played in flight even though they had the TV on board and it was on, showing the ATA logo the entire flight and playing some music.
    -Food, absolutely no options, almost like NWA, but at least NW offered something to buy. Only had pretzels which were smaller then WN's nuts, and I thought our's were small.
    -Crew was absolutely lazy. Walked around, passed out the stuff and they never saw the other paxs...however they sure as hell wanted to flirt with me and give me their number.
    -The seats I didn't find rather comfortable, pretty standard, but not the most exciting.
    -From an operational stand point, working for WN, they were horrible. Lack of communication between us and them, they kept loosing our bags, we also loss some of theirs but most of the bags lost on us were a result of ATA not loading our bags.

I'd still fly them again, just stating of the airlines I flew that wasn't my best airline.

Alex
    www.southwest.com Bags Fly Free. Anytime, Anywhere on Southwest Airlines. Share the LUV!

AAL
    - Old dirty birds (MD80's, A300's)
    - Too many RJ's
    - ORD hub is out of control.

Comair
    - Sorry, I do not like the CRJ100 & 200's.
    - RJ's promote too much "remote" boarding.

Alex, if I recall, my answer was not up for debate.
    In loving memory of Casey Edward Falconer
    May 16, 1992-May 9, 2012

Airlines

SWA
    I've never been a fan of this airline. I can't understand why so many people love them so much. You just basically pay for the seat and that's it, plus they don't fly to any airport I can access by mass transit. Yeah, living in NY spoils you. I also thought them kicking out that girl for wearing a short skirt was retarded.

UAL
    I think this is the worst major carrier in the US. I never had good service on any of their flights. They also barely serve the NYC area, so why should I even bother flying them? Living in NY, why should I have to transfer through ORD or IAD to get somewhere?

NWA
    Limited connections within NY. Bad and snarly service too.

AC
    Used to be a great airline years ago, but it sucks balls now. Service has gotten really bad the last few years.

Airports

IAD
    This airport is an embarrassment for our nation's capital.

GRU
    Always crowded and delay-prone, even though it doesn't handle that many flights. Dilapidated too.

Old ATH
    Crappiest airport ever. Anyone who's been there would know. It didn't even have jet bridges. The new one is much, much nicer.

BOS
    Small, congested, kinda looks like it's falling apart.

FRA
    Great for spotting, but a bad airport to transfer through.

YYZ
    I'll admit that it's improved a lot the last few years with the new terminal, but still...The new terminal doesn't have much in terms of shopping and eating options. Also, T2 (I'm not sure if it's still there) is really old and dirty. T3 is very nice, though. I like it even better than TNew.

Quote Originally Posted by bonanzabucks
    GRU
    Always crowded and delay-prone, even though it doesn't handle that many flights. Dilapidated too.
    Couldn't agree with you more. The airport is extremely crowded due to the fact that all the flights leave at the same time, there are times during the day when the airport is empty but that's because no flights are leaving. I waited two hours in a security and immigration line and almost missed my flight back to New York. The immigration hall is also extremely small. Luckily for me my Continental flight was delayed so I missed the rush of international arrivals, I can only imagine how crowded it must be! The airport is also very run down and could really use a face lift.

Quote Originally Posted by Iberia A340-600
    Quote Originally Posted by bonanzabucks
    GRU
    Couldn't agree with you more. The airport is extremely crowded due to the fact that all the flights leave at the same time, there are times during the day when the airport is empty but that's because no flights are leaving. I waited two hours in a security and immigration line and almost missed my flight back to New York. The immigration hall is also extremely small. Luckily for me my Continental flight was delayed so I missed the rush of international arrivals, I can only imagine how crowded it must be! The airport is also very run down and could really use a face lift.
    Depending on what you hear from the Brazilian media, which is totally unreliable, they're either building a new terminal and runway at GRU or building a new airport entirely. Thing is that nothing ever gets done in that country, so I doubt we'll see any changes. As they say, Brazil is and always will be the country of the future...

Quote Originally Posted by T-Bird76
    -No free drinks
    Since when?

last time i checked they still had unlimited free drinks??.. i mean i just quit there 3 weeks ago and they still had em

Ok, time for my not so favorite :)

Airline:
    - AA
    Damaged bags (2 on one flight JFK-DCA)
    Rude CSRs

- Ryanair
    Terrible legroom
    Rude FAs

- LOT
    Rude, uncooperative CSRs still thinking that they are the only airline in Poland

Airports:

- JFK
    JFK has to take the cake for the worst airport in USA. (don't jump on me, this is only my opinion :) )
    Always terminals are under construction
    T6 - I go with Tommy's opinion on T6

- CDG
    I award CDG as the worst airport in the world.
    You have to book separate itenarary to travel from one terminal to another :)
    That airport is huge, dirty and unorganized.

- CVG
    For some reason I don't like that airport. I'd rather connect thru ATL then CVG

Hotels:

- Sheraton
    They don't always keep your reserved room.
    CSRs don't give a damn if you are Gold member or first time visitor. I thought that the point of loyality programs is to reward best customers.

- Holiday Inn Express
    Dirty rooms, dirty towels, no more HIE for me

Car rental:

- National
    I rent from them a lot, its always hit or miss with CSRs.
    At Columbus OH airport I went to return broken car only to be told that I should go to the mechanic, and that they will reimburse me for the cost of repair! It happened few months ago, and I'm yet to receive response to my complain letter.

-Budget
    Got broken car at LAX airport.
    CSR got pissed at me (MD in town location) that I put 1200 miles on a car in 1 day rental - even it was unlimited milage rental
    I stopped renting from them

Thats from the top of my head right now.

Rafal
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Its basic economics, I don't understand it at all..." - Randy Marsh, South Park, CO